Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Glock-a-holic
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't know if its a jambog, but.....:

on the left is a giant .700 nitro express cartridge with a massive 1000 grain bullet, this is next to the awesome 2 bore with its 3500 grain solid bronze bullet.

http://www.vincelewis.net/2bore.html

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
I have seen those 2 bores before. Very impressive to say the least. If I were hunting big game, I would rather have a .416 or similar.

·
Glock-a-holic
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to see someone shoot it. :wow:

Notice that I didn't say I wanted to shoot it.:supergrin:
If you follow the link there is a movie to see where you can see a couple of guys having fun with it :supergrin:

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,981 Posts
Looks like fun I would give it a try

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
So I guess "Go big or go home" applies here. The recoil from the video appears to be more of a "push" than a sharp kick. I'd shoot it.

·
Timber Baron
4,157 Posts
I prefer my potato cannon loaded with a 2" chrome trailer ball. I can even drill out the top of the ball to make it a 'hollow point'.

·
Registered
464 Posts
at the time of writing 20th june 2009, a 2 bore cartridge costs between $80.00 to $85.00 each.* even hand loading them yourself is a major expense as the empty cartridge cases are $495.00 per pack of 10 ( shipped ) and solid bronze or copper bullets are $295.00 per pack of 10 ( shipped ) which now actually equals $790.00 for 10 rounds of 2 bore ammunition.* just imagine firing off 50 rounds down the range, it would cost you about four thousand bucks !
daaaamn!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts