close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

$350 G22 Police Trade In. Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by mclaren, Jan 12, 2010.

1. mclaren

mclaren

The new gun store in town has two 2nd gen 22's for $350 a peice. The frame shows some wear but everything else looks great. The trigger is nice and crisp from all the trigger time. Everything is so smooth and quiet. Not like a new squeeky crunchy triggered Glock. Is this a good price? I think its impossible to find more gun for less money.
    The suffix to the serial number is "PD" I thought that was pretty sweet.

2. mymini40

mymini40

oh yeah. Go for it.

3. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

$398 for a new one through GSSF, Summit sells them for $330.

G22's are a dime a dozen, and if you don't belong to GSSF, you should be able to find a 3rd gen in mint condition for around $400 ish used.

Decent price at best, but not smoking..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. Brucev

Brucev

At that price, I would not hesitate! $350 for a nice G-22 is an excellent price. Buy the gun, clean it, buy some ammunition and head for the range! Sincerely. Brucev.

5. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

I agree w/Tampashooters. Perhaps you could point this fact out to the shop owner & see if he'd take $300...

6. 357glocker32

357glocker32

It is not the deal of the century, but it is a pretty good buy. I lucked into my last g22,
    3rd gen, night sites, mint polic trade in for 339. But, this particular store supplies a large number of police departments with glocks, therefore they have trades all the time and literally have nothing in them.
    If I were you, I would look around town and if that is the best deal, BUY. You have to take into consideration that if you buy from summit you also will have to pay a ffl transfer fee, anywhere between $20-100. Then it makes the present deal look great!

7. mclaren

mclaren

These have night sights that are sufficiently dimmed out. Glow or no glow I prefer them over stock. What will it cost to join GSSF? Too much to offset the difference? that wouldnt help on a used one anyway just a new one right? A new one would be nice but the 2nd gen appeals to me. Plus the cool factor of police serial numbers.

8. Ajon412

Ajon412

As mentioned, that is a good price. I'm currently searching for a 2nd Generation G22 as well.