Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reviewing a thread here, I realized that I had not checked PSA for their specials lately. Really didn't NEED anything. Then I found: "PSA 16" Stainless Mid-length 1/7 Freedom Rifle Kit with Vortex Spitfire 1x Prism Scope" for $499. I have one of the Spitfires already and I really like it. Currently are selling for at least $269. So, with my math: 499 - 269 = 230. Add an empty lower for about $70 delivered.
230 plus 70 equals 300. Add a MBUS rear and a PMag for about another 50. So, according to my math, that is $350 for a complete rifle!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finished the build and test fired, then zeroed it. Everything looks good. Sorry, no pix, camera is out of town with the wife. Sold the Spitfire for $280, so the total came to about $ 370, which included a MBUS and a PMAG. As I had a Palmetto lower already, the whole rifle is Palmetto.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason that at $370, it came in higher than originally estimated, was I forgot to add shipping costs for the rifle kit.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have always been satisfied with the parts I have received from PSA, including this rifle. I know there are people here who have been unhappy with their customer service, but I have never needed it.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If you use the double entry accounting methods developed in Italy about 1300 AD you have a $640 AR. But I do like your creative thinking.

BTW: I went to a gun show today and assembled AR's were starting at $469. I went to get some 45 boolits but there were not any reloading vender's there - bummer.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
45 rounds or bullets? If bullets, there is a solution: cast your own. As slow as a typical 45 runs, wheelweights alone work great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.