My 34 MOS with Burris Fastfire 3 is taking a beating. Even though I have been heavily running the 34 since July '16, I just recently noticed how beat up the dot's frame is getting from the ejected shells. I don't count rounds, but it is in the several thousand range. My dot has started to turn itself off during shooting and this led me to a close inspection. That's when I noticed the raw aluminum showing through. I do not know if the beating from the ejected shells has any bearing on the dot starting to malfunction. Burris is getting the dot sent back to them soon, as they have a great warranty and have already said to send it in. I wrongly assumed that my Gen 4 34 is not experiencing brass to face (like my 19.4) but it seems that the dot was just masking the issue. While watching a friend pull the trigger I could see exactly what was happening. The spent shells come up more than out of the top of the ejection port and get slammed by the dot on its return to battery. A vast majority of the casings hit the dot. Some even hit hard enough to get thrown forward. The casings need to eject quickly to the right to avoid contact with anything mounted to the top of the slide. I will be detailing my future attempts at getting this fine weapon to eject properly. I have lots of different Glocks and parts - both aftermarket and factory issued. I will try all popular ideas, products and repair theories and hopefully come up with a solution that will help others. I have already dealt with this issue on my 19.4. The combo of a 15 lb spring, Apex Gen4 Extractor & supplied spring, along with the non-loaded chamber indicator bearing has proven to produce a strong and consistent ejection. We will see if these same parts (different spring of course) produce similar results on a different gun. I am going to try other ideas such as .40 cal components from a G22.4 to see what happens. So far I have tried replacing the RSA with a 15lb ISMI spring setup from NDZ Performance with no positive results - as far as ejection pattern. The spring rate reduction did have a nice feel to it. Possibly a placebo effect, but it sure seemed smoother and easier to keep the target ( 8" steel at approx. 20 yards) in the dot's window throughout the recoil and return to battery. Hopefully can get back to the range soon with a camera, helper and bag of parts to get to the bottom of this issue. It's odd that lots of shooters try lots of fixes for this all too common problem and everyone reports different results.