Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little diagnostic help from the Glock gurus.

Recently bought a G22 and also an Alpha Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it.

Also bought some Magpul 21 rounders and I had a 9mm 33 round Glock stick mag laying around (new, never used) so off to the range I went for some testing.

Everything was brand new.

First, shot the G22 with the stock barrel (.40) and stock mags. Shot my .40 reloads through it. Perfect.

Next, dropped the 9mm conversion barrel into it and with the Magpul mags, everything was perfect also. With 9mm reloads this time.

Next, tried it with the 33 round Glock mag and got several stovepipes and double feeds.

Went back to the Magpul mags and again, no problems.

So, I'm confused. I would have thought the 33 round Glock mag would have no problems but apparently not.

Is it having problems with the conversion barrel? Or is it just a bad mag? Any known issues with these mags?

I guess the next step would be to try it in a stock Glock 9mm gun and with factory ammo but wanted to see what people thought.

I'm thinking maybe that some of my reloads were underpowered but it seems too much of a coincidence that it only happened with the stock Glock mag. Also doesn't explain the double feeds. TIA

Btw, was very pleased with the Magpul mags. Very light, flawless performance, and for $15 each for 21 rounders, going to be picking my up some more for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Replace the ejector and you will be good

For my G31:

Conversion barrel, RSA (G17) and ejector.

Keep your 40 extractor

Reactions: ScottR65

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the ejector and you will be good

For my G31:

Conversion barrel, RSA (G17) and ejector.

Keep your 40 extractor
So, if I replace the G22 extractor with a G17 extractor say, my G22 should now run fine with both the .40 ammo and 9mm ammo with the conversion barrel? Won't have any problems with the .40 ammo? Also, do you suggest replacing the RSA with a G17 one?

If this is the case, will do. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
707 Posts
So, if I replace the G22 extractor with a G17 extractor say, my G22 should now run fine with both the .40 ammo and 9mm ammo with the conversion barrel? Won't have any problems with the .40 ammo? Also, do you suggest replacing the RSA with a G17 one?

If this is the case, will do. Thanks for the tip!

with these changes (from my experience) you'll be able to shoot just 9mm.

I you want to shoot 40 again, you'll have to place back your 40 barrel, related RSA (0-1-4) and 40 ejector.

Reactions: ScottR65
1 - 5 of 5 Posts