32 sent to Glock, needs a fix

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jcmios, Sep 29, 2005.

1. jcmios

jcmios

Just sent my 32 back to Glock in hopes of a fix. I bought the gun in 1998 directly from Glock, the 357 rounds would jamb 1 or 2 our of every magazine (9 mags) regardless of the ammo or bullet type, some would jamb on the feedramp half way on and half off, sometimes they would just nose dive in the magazine. I updated the followers on all my mags along with new mag springs and new recoil spring. Same problem so I have been using a 40 barrel in it for the past6 years and function is 100%. I have been carrying my Sig P229 in 357 since 95 with out a single hiccup and well over 10000 rounds. Now the Department wants us to all carry Glocks, so I put the 357 barrel back in and did the spring and follower upgrades with no improvement. Called Glock and they said send it in as it was due for a few upgrades and they would fix the jamming problem. Sure hope so as I think it is a great round.

Will report back in 2 weeks or so when I get it back.

Jim

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Hope it works out.
    Sig or Glock. both great to carry.;)

3. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

I'm interested in the "few upgrades" they say it is due for. Since it was purchased in 98 - is it a 2nd gen frame?

4. jcmios

jcmios

Wow that was fast, just got it back today sent it in on the 28th and got it back on the 6th. Looks like they altered the feedramp, put in a new recoil spring, put in the newest followers in the 2 magazines I sent with the gun and new magazine springs. The recoil spring and magazine springs I had in it were only a few months old at best, they stated on the letter that other upgrades were done but they did not explain.

I will take it out tomorrow and give it a good work out and see if the problem is solved, and report back after that.

0100010 it is a Gen 3 frame.

Jim

5. jcmios

jcmios

Well they did not fix the problem, but turn around was fast. This gun nose dives enough that it will not be my carry gun. I have had others shoot it and it does the same thing to them and it does it with all types of ammo. The magazine lips are with in proper specs, and are the latest followers, new springs and the 347 magazines and not the 40 S&W.

I may try a Bar Sto barrel and see if their feed ramp is better as far as the angle, mine is highly polished and has no machine marks in it. I have tried other recoil springs all the way up to a 22lbs and it changes nothing but felt recoil.

Anyone have an after market barrel in their gun that seems to feed better then the stock barrel? I am open to just about anything at this point.

Thanks
    Jim