Glock Talk banner

32 round magazines

3612 Views 24 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Khalsa
Just shopping around for 32 round magazines in Oregon and wonder what everyone else is encountering.
Went to the cabelas box store here and they had promag 32 rounders for $19.99 sold out completely! Irritating! They have a few of the Glock brand 32 rounders but they want $49.99 and Cheaperthandirt is selling them for $31.99 plus of course $4.50 shipping... There are numerous other manufacturers of these 32 and 33 round 9mm GLOCK magazines but I don't think it wise to get anything cheaper than the promag brand and possibly even they aren't suitable...
Looks like I'll be ordering some from Cheaperthandirt tomorrow
Opinions
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
9,061 Posts
Guess I have to ask WHY? You can't carry the long things. The add a lot of weight to your pistol. They are not reliable as the spring tension goes from rock bottom to three rounds, and they are awkward. You are much better with a full original mag, one in the chamber, and another easy to handle spare mag. The only ones I ever see are idiots shooting in the desert like ammo is free. And you see the costs. But if you do need one, do not order Chinese or Korean parts from CTD, buy the original Glock mags.

· Registered
517 Posts
He probably just wants them for a little fun. I have two 33 Glock mags and two g19's and it was fun as hell dumping them both at the same time. They have been sitting in the safe for the last three years though. ;)

· Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What red white and blue blooded American doesn't "love" those 32 round stick magazines! It's a true sign of freedom! Sure they aren't exactly suited for concealed carry but it is just that they stand for something to me!

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Just shopping around for 32 round magazines in Oregon and wonder what everyone else is encountering. Went to the cabelas box store here and they had promag 32 rounders for $19.99 sold out completely! Irritating! They have a few of the Glock brand 32 rounders but they want $49.99 and Cheaperthandirt is selling them for $31.99 plus of course $4.50 shipping... There are numerous other manufacturers of these 32 and 33 round 9mm GLOCK magazines but I don't think it wise to get anything cheaper than the promag brand and possibly even they aren't suitable...
Looks like I'll be ordering some from Cheaperthandirt tomorrow
Opinions
I bought 4 of these magazines for my 9mm JR Carbine.
http://www.glockstore.com/9mm-high-capacity-magazine-33rds
http://www.justrightcarbines.com/

The will fit and run in any 9mm Glock (I have 3), as well as my carbine... and they are made by Glock.

· Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a personal decision. That said I love what those Glock sticks stand for. They are among the all time most hated items for gun control nuts! I own one or two just for that reason!

· Registered
2,694 Posts
I've never read about any reliability problems with the Glock OEM 31/33 rounds magazines. I have several and mine have always functioned flawlessly. A lot of folks use them for home defense. I guess they are technically Glock 18 magazines and I imagine they have seen quite a bit of actual real-world use by various anti-terrorist groups, special forces, SWAT teams and whatnot for years and I've not seen reports about any problems with them.

· Registered
139 Posts
I have two of them(Glock factory mags), just because I can, and it irritates the liberals( like they irritate me!). I have tested them in my G-19 and G-26 and they function perfectly, and are fun at the range. I also keep one in the vehicle, along with the G-19 and factory 15 rd mag. After the problems in Ferguson, etc. I want to be prepared.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Guess I have to ask WHY? You can't carry the long things. The add a lot of weight to your pistol. They are not reliable as the spring tension goes from rock bottom to three rounds, and they are awkward. You are much better with a full original mag, one in the chamber, and another easy to handle spare mag. The only ones I ever see are idiots shooting in the desert like ammo is free. And you see the costs. But if you do need one, do not order Chinese or Korean parts from CTD, buy the original Glock mags.
^^ Plus 1 on this .

· Registered
934 Posts
I have four of the KCI 32 rd. 40 S&W mags. Paid $30 or so from I think from CTD for two when Obama was elected. Then two more at $13 from CDNN to rationalize that they were only $19 each. The metal liner is in two pieces tack welded together that leaves a ridge that the spring or cartridges will hang up on.
Use a flat file to smooth the seam and replace the spring with Wolf +10% springs for the Glock 33 rds. Don't drop a fully loaded mag as the base plate will pop off and spring, follower and base plate will disappear. Replace +2 base plate with standard Glock flat base plate and insert. I know that I should have just bought the Glock mags but at the time they were not available. They now function just fine and annoys the other shooters that you can fire 120 rounds to their 60. Fun for double tap practice without spending so much time changing mags.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.