close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

32 / 380 Purchase Suggestion / Help

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Greg Conn, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Greg Conn

Greg Conn Glock G19 - CCW

Hi Folks,

I have a Glock G-19 and I'm in the market for a second, smaller carry piece...either a 32 or a 380 semi-automatic.

I'm looking for a small, good quality, dependable pistol.
    I'm not as familiar with other manufacturers as I am with Glock, so could I get some suggestions on a good quality semi-automatic pistol in that caliber?
    Thanks.

Regards,
    -Greg

2. johnluger

johnluger

The Sig p-232 has great write ups.

3. forsythglock

forsythglock

I have a Ruger LCP and it has been totally reliable. VERY easy to conceal and you can pocket carry it (with a holster of course).

4. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

i dont own either but the ruger lcp is pretty nice, also i would look into a revolver chambered for 327 federal magnum

5. flyerI

flyerI

I had been looking for a KelTec 3AT for a few weeks and my loving wife found one at gunshop and bought it for me. I have been very happy with it. You need to shoot it some to get it broke in and get use to it as it is a little snappy. I use an Uncle Mikes Sidekick #3 and slip it in my right back pants pocket. I very often forget it is there. Some have said it is finicky, but my experience using round nose FMJ ammo has been great. I have not had any feed or ejection issues after the first 20 rounds or so. I used a piece of 800 grit wet sandpaper with a few drops of oil to smooth the feed ramp. I did not polish it shiny but feels smoother to the touch. Down side is ammo is still hard to get. .32 seems to be more available.

6. cz85cmbt

cz85cmbt

Well you can stick with glock, the g28 is .380 but is 6.29x4.17 (same size as the 26.) Might be bigger than what you are looking for?

Your typical kel-tec and LCP's seem to be running well from what owners say, some of whom I know.

The walther Pk380, beretta chettah, and bersa are about 6" and change long but are pretty light. The bersa will shoot well, point well, and run reliably, I have shot my brother's a lot and like it.

.32' you can go with the tomcat from beretta or the kel tec, I assume this is a back up piece? The little tiny guns I cannot grip and seem to fumble with, the bersa seems to fit but this might be too big for your needs.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  7. CC Glock

CC Glock

Good luck getting a G28.

8. CC Glock

CC Glock

My bersa thunder 380 wouldn't feed 102 gr golden saber rounds but would eat everything else. Sold it to buy a Glock.

9. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

If I were to buy a .32 it would be the CZ 83. I think it is larger than what you want, but it is a nice well build gun with 16 shots. It can be had in .380 or in 9mm Mac if you want a CZ 82 surplus gun. I do have a CZ 82 and it has been great. The 82 can be had for around $200. Heres a link for the 83:

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-83/

good luck

10. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

Yea, the G28 is not sold in the U.S.

I would go with the Beretta 32 or Ruger 380!

11. GAFinch

GAFinch

I know around here .32 ammo is MUCH more available than .380

12. tydefan05

tydefan05

I have a Sig P238 and love it! Never have any trouble finding ammo but then again I buy a case at a time so ymmv

13. pntblnk

pntblnk

I have had a Keltec P32 since shortly after they came out and it was a primary bug or summer carry gun when it got too hot in southern Georgia. as others as said, the 32 auto is very easy to find. The local WalMart has them in stock every time I look.

IMHO the P32 is actually the better choice between the LCP or the P3AT. I have had and sold both and think the design is on the ragged edge with the .380 cartridge. Others will quickly disagree, but physics are the limiting factor not opinions. You don't hear (and never did) any of the horror stories from P32 that you did with the early model LCP's and P3AT's. The design is much more stable with the smaller cartridge.

My wife carries the P32 in her changes purse now that I have moved on to a Kahr P380. If your set on the 380, take a look at the Kahr. If budget is a concern, check out the P32.

14. tydefan05

tydefan05

Also, if not already mentioned, American Rifleman did a review of .380's (9 of them) in the February issue

15. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Greg,

Presuming you want a weapon that works more-or-less like a Glock (that is DAO trigger and no external safties) then you have these:

1. Ruger LCP (.380.)
    2. Taurus TCP (.380.)
    3. Keltec P3AT or P32.
    4. Seecamp (both .32 and .380 I think.)
    5. NAA (North American Arms) .32
    6. Autuga .32

Maybe more but these are made.

The first three are polymer framed while the other three are steel (and alot heavier.)

If SA/DA then:

1. Bersa 'Thunder' .380
    2. Sig 232 .380 but I hear they made a bunch in .32 for Japanese police.
    3. Walther PPK/S .32 and .380 but the DA pull is really heavy
    4. Beretta 84 Cheetah .380

Oh heck, there are lots of them!

http://www.e-gun.net/body.asp?gun=P...moD=9x17mm,+9mm+Browning,+9mm+Short,+9mm+Kurz

Have a look!

Deaf

16. bsg1

bsg1

i own a w german sig P230 and will keep it; today there are several 9mm handguns of such small size though, that i wouldn't even look hard at a .380 if i was in the market to buy. plus, a dependable 9 will always be more dependable than a "dependable" .380. however to contradict myself, i wouldn't mind at all having a seecamp....

-Brady-

17. tydefan05

tydefan05

A 380 is better than nothing (cliche but true) but to be honest I rarely carry "just" my 380. Feel almost naked

18. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

Seecamp has a pretty cool history.

Ludwig (Louis) Wilhelm Seecamp (1901-1989), after whom the company was named, was trained as a master gunsmith in the technical academy system of pre World War II Germany. Having survived the Eastern Front in an elite Gebirgsjaeger (Mountain Troops) unit, he brought his family to the United States in 1959 by way of Canada. From 1959 until his retirement in 1971, he was the gun designer for O.F. Mossberg.

He shot a Russian in a hand-to-hand fight with a P38, making use of its double action mode.

19. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

You asked about a .32 (also) -- Look at the Beretta Tomcat in INOX or blued. Also you can tip up the barrel to load or unload the chamber.