31x10.50R15s on an 88-98 GM fullsize 2WD pickup

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by js0ne, Jan 8, 2010.

1. js0ne

js0ne

does anyone know if it will fit under stock suspension?

TIA :wavey:

2. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Ignoring Connecticut's Unconstitutional laws
    while not a firm answer, here's what you have.

Stock tires for that truck is 235/75/15 if you transfer that to inches you have approx 29-9.25-15

so if you go to go to 31-10.5-15, you're gonna be 2 inches taller (1" ride height), 1.25" wider (5/8" on each side of the tire)

so turn your wheel all the way in each direction. If you have 5/8" before rubbing (for width) and 1"in height, you'll be fine. That's not a huge difference, but I've never owned that truck, so I dont know how much clearance you have to start with

If they do fit you'll have another issue, your speedo will be off about 8% (when it says your doing 60, you'll be doing almost 65)

3. js0ne

js0ne

↑ ↑ ↑ this info helps as far as clearance, thanks. I was too lazy to do the math :whistling:

I'm not too worried about the speed difference. Right now my speedo reads 4 mph faster than actual speed, at any speed, which was verified with a couple portable nav units. So with the larger tires I see that my speedo will read closer to actual speed at highway speeds, but slower than actual at higher speeds.

4. Mwildt

Mwildt

Should be fine. That's a fairly common upgrade from the 235/75/15. Don't hold me to it though.

;)

5. GREY-GHOST

GREY-GHOST

They'll fit, but its easier to clear them with a narrower wheel.