30S should arrive at Smyrna today.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Scott1970, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

As far as for loading ANY Glock mags and especially those stiff 10 round G30 mags, here is one of the greatest shooting accessories and things period I ever bought -

The Maglula UpLULA - https://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp

up60b_2.jpg

This has got to be one of the best things ever made for shooters, especially anyone loading either really STIFF MAGS, really high capacity mags, or a LOT of mags. This thing can not be beat and will be the best $25 bucks you ever spent. It literally CAN'T be beat for those 10 round G30 mags, I can even get all NINE rounds in my 9 round G30 mag with it!!!!!

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  2. Eric2340

OP -

I can't remember or not, did you say you had the same problem with a regular non-S model G30 or not?

Reason I ask FoatieFiveACP wrote above - I am wondering if it's a hand strength thing / recoil issue with the 30S as your hands are getting tired, as dumb as it sounds once you are getting though a couple of mags or so?

I KNOW this must sound crazy, but I am one of those who find the 30S to just a little "too much" recoil as compared to when shooting the regular G30? It simply jumps around too much on me compared to the other six G30 models I have owned over the years (three Gen3 G30, two G30SF, and one Gen4 G30) - I could shoot all of those with no issues, and the little 30S was simply more than I could control for my hand strength. I even have LARGE hands, and I actually run Hogue Grip sleeves on my G30, non-SF G21, and non-SF G20 - and I also shoot a G20 with NO problems with FULL bore 10mm too. So my issue was not hand size or strength by any means - the little 30S simply does not fit "me" or work in my hands. :(

I had this same problem years ago with smaller Beretta pistols (.25 and .32 cal - so recoil was in no way, shape, or form and issue!) - the little guns size and shape simply did fit/work in "my hands" (I have a G42 now also, so this was not a "little gun in big hands" issue then either) with out malfunctioning. I even went back and forth with Beretta on a trip to them and back issue with them too just as you have. :(

My point is this, sometimes some guns just simply do NOT work right in SOME people's hands, they just don't fit their hands right. :( At this point if there is not something wrong with either of these two G30S internally, it might just be something with the guns fitting you two guys? There is little left that makes sense other than this model is just not working for you two???

:(

Buckshot Barry likes this.

3. FoatieFiveACP

FoatieFiveACP

^^ I have a Maglula. Although it makes loading Glock magazines much easier, it does nothing to solve the problem of the 10th round being pretty much impossible to fit into a new 30S magazine. The round simply will not fit, until I shave off the bottom of the follower. I have found that to be the case in over 12 G30S magazines.

Also, in my case, the magazine loading and my rare (once or twice) G30S jam or slide lockback on the 8th or 9th round was not not a hand strength issue. I do not have arthritis or any muscle/joint/bone problems, despite being in my mid-50s, and I could make just about anyone wince with my handshake.

4. Eric2340

FoatieFiveACP -

My questions/statements regarding the hand issues were directed to the OP, not you, sorry for the confusion.

I am roughly about the same age, so I am in the same situation as you, but as I said I personally find the kick of the 30S more than I care for myself compared to the regular G30.

Eric :)

5. Scott1970

Scott1970

I don’t find the recoil on the 30S to be of any concern. It’s mild in comparison to my 29 which has always functioned flawlessly. The owner of the other 30S also has a 29 which shoots with no issues...he even carries it off duty. We both also shoot a good bit of .41 Mag, so I do no see it being a recoil issue.

Also, neither of us have had any issues with any of the 30 models we have owned.

6. Eric2340

That was actually something else I was curious about, if either one of you had ever fired a G29, as I figured that would be a good litmus test for the 30S kick/recoil.

So basically disregard all I said about you guys, hand size and fit with the 30S. I never really thought it was a hand strength/recoil issue from all you said, but was more thinking it was a "the guns fitting you guys thing" but that is not the case from what you have said.

You certainly have a weird on there for sure??? :(

How about the broken in more/relaxed mag issue thing vs the brand new stiff mags? Have you guys tried that, as I agree with some others, I wonder if the mag spring tension thing is a possible issue also?????????

Eric

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  7. Scott1970

Scott1970

The problems with all four guns lasted for over six-hundred rounds per gun, and the problems occurred while using older, well used Glock 21 mags.

On a happy note, the problems with the 30S Glocks have been successfully resolved! He purchased a new Gen 3 30, and I purchased a new Gen 4 30. Suddenly, we are trouble free just like with the Glock 30 guns we've owned in the past.

We're going to see what Smyrna wants to do with the second pair of 30S guns. I'll happily take a refund, but I'm going to ask for a swap for a Glock 21. Worst case scenario, I know a guy who will buy mine even though it's only a solid eight round shooter.