GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
You got a lemon, you got explanations that are head-scratchers, and have had some gun problems. But I think your attitude is spot on. Glock paid to try to resolve. Listened to your perspective. Paid for shipping, replaced the guns, and made up for a mistake (keeping your night sights) by sending some new ones to you. I'd say you had a lemon, followed by a good "honest effort" attempt to resolve, and a good level of customer support. Not perfect, but the end result was a good path for you.

Good for Glock for setting you back on the right path. Hopefully you love your new gun(s)! Good luck!
They’ve been great the entire time. I really don’t know how a company could stand behind their product more than Glock has for me.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The two new guns arrived at the department today. They did overnight my original night sights separately. They said they'd be new, but I prefer the set I have so that's good.

Here's the numbers on the two we returned. These two were some of the most accurate Glocks I've shot...until round eight or so.

The prefix on the new pair, which are also sequential serial numbers, is BPUV9**.

We may hit the range with them tonight. I'm in no hurry, because they are theoretically properly working guns until I pull the trigger to find out for sure. :D

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My co-worker took his to the range this evening. He fired one-hundred rounds, and only had one glitch. It was a Round 9 jam on the ninth mag.

That’s a massive improvement over his previous 30S. I’ll run mine up to the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I hit the range with mine. I fired one-hundred rounds...ten mags of ten rounds.

I made it until the eighth mag. That’s when I got the exact same Round 9 jam.

It’s a lot better than my previous 30S, but it’s not as reliable as all the other Glocks I own. I’d NEVER recommend this model to anyone.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I had one years ago...it was reliable, but the 9mm was more my speed. Sorry you've had such troubles. I wonder if this is why I never see the 30S in stores out here anymore.

·
Huckleberry
565 Posts
This just makes absolutely no sense. It's not like there's been a design change, or has there been some kind of slight difference incorporated in the last few years? I know Glock won't admit to anything, but maybe something nearly imperceptible? Just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
This just makes absolutely no sense. It's not like there's been a design change, or has there been some kind of slight difference incorporated in the last few years? I know Glock won't admit to anything, but maybe something nearly imperceptible? Just doesn't make sense.
It’s not a recent phenomenon as I found internet references of 30S round nine jams which spans several years.

We’re going to continue shooting them to at least five hundred rounds. Who knows what will happen?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Sorry if I missed it, but what ammo are you shooting?

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Are all of the mags used in your recent range trip new? It sounds like it would be more likely to be a magazine issue, either spring strength or follower geometry. If spring strength is the issue it would make sense that it happens less frequently with a new gun because the recoil spring is stronger which slows slide velocity giving the magazine more time to raise the top round.

I had FTF's in my G23 mags that were about a year old when running them in my G27 but it usually happened around shots 4-7 when loaded with 12 rounds. I replaced the 9-coil springs with 10-coil springs and that fixed it. I did that years ago and they still run fine in both my G23 and G27. I had always loaded them to 12 instead of the full 13 so I may have lost a round in capacity but at least they're reliable.

Does it happen with G21 mags or only G30 mags? I'd try +10% springs in a couple mags and see if it fixes the problem when using those while it continues to happen with the rest of your mags. You might also try updating the followers if they're not the latest. Glock sells followers on their webstore and the latest version of their G21/30 "high point" 1304 follower has a "4" on the part of the follower that engages the slide stop.

I've looked at parts compatibility listings for the magazine springs on Glock's webstore and other retailers and G30 mags appear to use the same springs as G19/23/26/27/32/33 mags. I don't know about current production but those all used to be 9-coil. Glock has 9-coil and 10-coil and lists both on their webstore as being compatible with G30 mags. I used G17 10-coil in my G23 mags and it worked, Wolff Gunsprings has their own +10% power 10-coil spring for those mags.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Are all of the mags used in your recent range trip new? It sounds like it would be more likely to be a magazine issue, either spring strength or follower geometry. If spring strength is the issue it would make sense that it happens less frequently with a new gun because the recoil spring is stronger which slows slide velocity giving the magazine more time to raise the top round.

I had FTF's in my G23 mags that were about a year old when running them in my G27 but it usually happened around shots 4-7 when loaded with 12 rounds. I replaced the 9-coil springs with 10-coil springs and that fixed it. I did that years ago and they still run fine in both my G23 and G27. I had always loaded them to 12 instead of the full 13 so I may have lost a round in capacity but at least they're reliable.

Does it happen with G21 mags or only G30 mags? I'd try +10% springs in a couple mags and see if it fixes the problem when using those while it continues to happen with the rest of your mags. You might also try updating the followers if they're not the latest. Glock sells followers on their webstore and the latest version of their G21/30 "high point" 1304 follower has a "4" on the part of the follower that engages the slide stop.

I've looked at parts compatibility listings for the magazine springs on Glock's webstore and other retailers and G30 mags appear to use the same springs as G19/23/26/27/32/33 mags. I don't know about current production but those all used to be 9-coil. Glock has 9-coil and 10-coil and lists both on their webstore as being compatible with G30 mags. I used G17 10-coil in my G23 mags and it worked, Wolff Gunsprings has their own +10% power 10-coil spring for those mags.

The first thing Glock did with the first two guns was to send us four replacement mags. It didn’t help.

These two guns are new, with new mags included. I will say these two mags are noticeably more difficult to load than the two pair of mags from the first gun.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
The first thing Glock did with the first two guns was to send us four replacement mags. It didn’t help.

These two guns are new, with new mags included. I will say these two mags are noticeably more difficult to load than the two pair of mags from the first gun.
Sorry to hear it. Good luck sorting out your next steps and getting them to feed reliably.

·
Huckleberry
565 Posts
Did you only shoot fully loaded mags and encounter issues on the 9th round each time, or did you ever download the mags and experience the problem on the next to last round? I've shot mine (10 mags loaded to 7 rounds each for a practice GSSF match), but not with any fully loaded mags. No issues so far. 70ish rounds really isn't much of a test, I admit.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Did you only shoot fully loaded mags and encounter issues on the 9th round each time, or did you ever download the mags and experience the problem on the next to last round? I've shot mine (10 mags loaded to 7 rounds each for a practice GSSF match), but not with any fully loaded mags. No issues so far. 70ish rounds really isn't much of a test, I admit.
Full mags each time.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Mine has been completely reliable. No G-21 mags, but I usually load 10+1. With either that or 10+0, it takes a really hefty tap (more like a slam) to get the mag to seat. An error here will show up immediately, though.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I've not taken the replacement gun out but that one time. From my experience, one failure out of a hundred for a Glock is horrible, but it's the new gold standard for the 30S. I'll try it again before too much longer, but I'm kind of over it right now. Plus, the 10mm Sig has me happily distracted.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts