GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought my 30S when it first came out and have never had an issue with the gun, i have trouble getting 9 rds in 9rd mag and 10 in the 10rd mag so i just download by one, my 13 rd mags i fill up, no issues.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I bought my 30S when it first came out and have never had an issue with the gun, i have trouble getting 9 rds in 9rd mag and 10 in the 10rd mag so i just download by one, my 13 rd mags i fill up, no issues.

If they can make this gun reliable I will be carrying regularly. It's very accurate, handles wonderfully, and has a good round count for its size. I currently own seven Glocks, carry one at work, have owned a good number over the years, and this is the first I've had with any issues whatsoever. I'm crossing my fingers. If it has the same issue I'll send it back.

Glock was good enough to send replacement mags as a test, and they covered shipping both ways. I should have it back Monday. If so, I'll run it up to the range when I get home from work.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Good luck ! My 30S has been 100% reliable since I got it several months ago. I've shot my a lot, and carry it on duty (plain clothed) and some off duty too.

I was unaware of any wide spread reliability issues with that model. In fact, all the reviews I've read (and I've read plenty of them) brag on the reliability of the 30S. I'm gonna have to do some research on that.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I bought my 30S a few years ago. I had a bit of an issue with it the first time out. It failed to feed about mid magazine. It did it a couple times. I took it home and cleaned it and shot it again not long after and Bingo! No issues... I'll be qualifying with it and my 10mm 1911 this week for my LEOSA requirement.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Both arrived at work today. Glock replaced the locking block pin and and slide cover plate on both guns.

And they were nice enough to return the extra mags they sent us earlier.

I opted out of hitting the range, because I had too much to do in the garden when I got home.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, back to Glock they go for a second trip.

We took both guns to the range tonight, and both jammed on the ninth round multiple times. Mine did a new trick, though. The slide locked back on the ninth round leaving it in the mag.

Other than being jam-o-matics, they are both extremely accurate .45s.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Well, back to Glock they go for a second trip.

We took both guns to the range tonight, and both jammed on the ninth round multiple times. Mine did a new trick, though. The slide locked back on the ninth round leaving it in the mag.

Other than being jam-o-matics, they are both extremely accurate .45s.
Do you know anyone that has a 30s that would test side by side with your two?

You know the drill. Swap major components until you find what fixes yours.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Do you know anyone that has a 30s that would test side by side with your two?

You know the drill. Swap major components until you find what fixes yours.
Unfortunately, I do not. That’s a really good thought, though.

On the plus side, we’ve not been out a cent on shipping and we’ve both gotten two extra free mags.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
It’s a long shot, but my G41 .45 had the oddest issue.

Ran brass cased ammo just fine, but failure to feed at least every 3 rounds with aluminum cased ammo.

it was the extractor biting in to the softer aluminum case rim. I would take a magnifying glass and examine your 9th round case rims looking for gouges.

Of my 18 Glocks, 17 purchased new, two had RSA issues, two had extractor issues, and the hardest was a failure to feed every 70 or so rounds. That was the hardest to diagnose. Even Glock Smyrna couldn’t fix that. There was a burr on the lower edge of the firing pin hole.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes. I have read a few similar posts of this issue, so (as you know) you are not alone. The problems are mixed in with many other posts loving the gun. You clearly got stuck with a problematic gun, and hopefully Glock will sort this out to your satisfaction.

It sounds like they had an issue in the manufacture of your two examples, but problems do happen, regardless of the company. It stinks that you are having to put so much work into something that is normally so simple and reliable. Hang in there, good luck, and keep us posted.

Reactions: Scott1970

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dang. Nine round or ten round mags or both?

Are the regular heavy slide Glock 30 guns having this issue in your research?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Dang. Nine round or ten round mags or both?

Are the regular heavy slide Glock 30 guns having this issue in your research?

All the 30S mags are ten rounds.

I didn’t look into any feed issues with the 30. I’ve owned several over the years, co-workers have owned a number, and I’ve never experienced or heard a single complaint. Because of slide width and weight, I chose the 30S over the 30. If this thing performed like my 30s I’d be a happy camper right now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 30s has/had the same issue. Its been to Glock 2 or 3 times, and much like in your case they replaced the mags and other parts. I don't shoot it enough anymore to really accurately say whether its fixed or not, but it hasn't jammed in a couple hundred rounds. I just don't trust it anymore. Check my thread history.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My 30s has/had the same issue. Its been to Glock 2 or 3 times, and much like in your case they replaced the mags and other parts. I don't shoot it enough anymore to really accurately say whether its fixed or not, but it hasn't jammed in a couple hundred rounds. I just don't trust it anymore. Check my thread history.
That’s encouraging.

:D

21 - 40 of 107 Posts