GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
...because the G30S is basically a "FrankenGLOCK" just put together by GLOCK (now)...people like mo.glocker were making the "G30S" LONG before GLOCK did (although it was known on the errornet as the G30 Recon ;) ) and it's popularity is the reason for the G30S today...it used the G36 barrel back then...it uses it today.

Bill
Thanks, Bill. I am well aware of the long-time existence of FrankenGlocks, but the discussion has been whether the 30S employs any changes not found on a G36 upper.

GRT45's post stating that the Glock parts list now shows that a G30S & G36 barrel have the same part number pretty well removes any doubt. (If my memory is correct, he had previously indicated that there was no actual listing for a G30S barrel &, since the G30 barrel will not fit, he concluded that the G36 barrel must be the one used in a G30S.)

·
Transform & Win
3,293 Posts
GRT45's post stating that the Glock parts list now shows that a G30S & G36 barrel have the same part number pretty well removes any doubt. (If my memory is correct, he had previously indicated that there was no actual listing for a G30S barrel &, since the G30 barrel will not fit, he concluded that the G36 barrel must be the one used in a G30S.)
Your memory is correct about what I originally posted back in August, 2013 and my conclusion from the parts list information.

I revisited my original post yesterday to check the link to the Glock Parts Order Form on the company website and discovered the location of the document has been changed (old link didn't work). The latest version of the Parts Order Form does indeed have an entry for the G30S barrel now with the same part number as the G36 factory barrel. My original post has been edited to update the link and reflects the latest information.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts