close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

30274 ejector in gen3 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kaech, Jul 16, 2012.

1. kaech

kaech

i just received a gen4 ejector housing with the 30274 ejector today from Ebay. my question is has anyone here tried this in there gen3?/has GLOCK installed this ejector in your gen3? im not gonna get to try it till the weekend.....BTW 7000+ 100% rounds down range.....its just sometimes the hot shyt hurts my forhead:dunno:

2. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Just talked to glock today, mine has a 336 ejector, glock told me to send it in they have a new ejector for erratic ejection gen 3's(I'm guessing by new he means 30274, unless they have something newer I don't know about). I believe the extractor is also to blame and I hope they look into that as well, we shall see.
    I have heard of guys putting the 30274 in the gen 3 housing, from what I've read its had mixed results. Some claim it helped others have said it fixed nothing until the extractor was messed with.

3. kaech

kaech

yeah i guess id feel alot better about putting in the new ejector 30274(not 30275 housing) if i knew GLOCK was doing so,last winter the guys at the mothership stated it was a GEN4 only deal. ive looked at new gen3s at my LGS and they all come with 336

4. bolling

bolling

I sent mine into Glock and it came back with the 336

5. kaech

kaech

^ when/how long ago?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

What did it have beforehand? The 336 has been in glocks for a long time(my gen 2 had a 336 I believe) -unless maybe there was actual damage/manufacturing issue with your ejector, how did it eject when you got it back?

7. kaech

kaech

So nobody on GT has had a updated ejector put in a gen3..... thought id try "glocktalk" first but maybe i should try blackrifle dot com/net for responses

8. frostyicy

frostyicy

Aye fellas I'm new to glocks but I do have erratic ejection issues with my Gen 3 G19. Question how do I find the number on the ejector?

Would I have to do a detail strip of the gun or just a regular field strip as if I am going to clean it??

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  9. Southwind

Southwind

Field strip. The ejector is at the back of the frame - looks like a finger pointing forward. The number (most likely 336) is stamped on it.

10. wrecks24

wrecks24

I just called glock 2 days ago asking about the new ejector and the guy told me there are no known problems with the Gen 3's so they are not replacing the ejectors. said I could send it in for inspection, but I refuse to because I know it will come back with the 336 anyway.

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Plenty of people have fixed the ejection problem in their Gen3's by using one of the new ejectors, both in 9mm and .40. My Gen3 G27 ejected erratically until I installed a 28926 ejector, that fixed the problem. Some people report continued erratic ejection with the new ejector, but once most of them then replace the extractor as well the problem is fixed.

You can't use the Gen4 trigger housing in your Gen3. You need to remove the Gen3 housing from the frame, pull the ejectors out of each housing, then insert the 30274 ejector into the Gen3 housing so you can use it in your Gen3 frame. Here's a thread that talks about how to do so:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18115775

12. 09crue

09crue

can anyone explain how the 336 ejector could be used in Glocks many years prior to gen4/new gen3's without causing weak or eratic ejections now it's the cause of these problems?? makes no sense....:dunno:

13. brickboy240

brickboy240

That is because the problem is not the ejector but the dip MIM extractor.

Just wait...the Apex machined extractor is almost ready for sale.

Or...you can do what everyone else is doing by stimulating the economy and go about yanking out ejectors and ordering iffy extractors from other vendors. You might get some relief...you might not.

Me? I am just waiting for the Apex part....anything else is just a crap shoot.

- brickbohy240

14. tonyparson

tonyparson

Why wait for the Apex extractor when you can just buy a old non-dipped extractor now on Ebay and that fixes the problem? :dunno:

15. guns54

guns54 toni

Both of my Gen 3 19s have the 336, one born in 2007-and the other 2010, Work fine for me.I guess i got lucky. Its about time.

16. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

From what I can tell with my Gen3 G27, for some reason the extractor is not firmly holding the rim of the casing to the breech face. I tried the extractor from my G23 and it made no difference, so the cause must be in how the G27 slide was cut. I believe that the cutout in the slide which holds the extractor was not positioned correctly, having the effect of the extractor claw sitting further forward than it should. The extractor depressor plunger channel in that slide looks strange as well, it looks like it was cut with a dull tool, the walls of the channel are wavy and there's a semicircle raised lip at the rear of the EDP channel, just far enough into the channel to catch on a LCI spring loaded bearing. I replaced the LCI extractor and SLB with non-LCI versions, but those changes alone also made no difference, only the 28926 ejector made the ejection better. With the old ejector, the case mouths of the spent casings were slamming in the slide just below the ejection port opening. With the new ejector that's no longer happening, I believe the rearward tilt to the face of the 28926 ejector raises the case mouth of the spent casing high enough to clear the ejection port.

17. kaech

kaech

So is gen 3 still 100% reliable? I got 7400 rounds with no issues and im past the break in (trusting) phase.

18. fastbolt

fastbolt

I certainly don't have a definitive answer, although when I was comparing some different 336 ejectors among my parts I noticed some minor variations among them (tip shape, length and angle of the stamped cut). Remember they're stamped parts. ;)

In my case, my late production G26 (not Gen4) exhibited noticeably more erratic ejection than my G-series G26. Didn't matter whether I was using standard pressure, +P or +P+ loads.

This was unlike my older G-series G26, in which empty cases being tossed rearward, or occasionally leftward, was much more likely when using standard pressure loads from the "budget line" ammo made by major makers. I make this observation after having fired more than 12,000 rounds through that older G26, too. The use of +P or +P+ duty loads typically resulted in far left ejection of empty cases with that G26.

Interestingly enough, my E-series G27 would hardly ever send an empty case any direction other than out to the far right and/or to the right/rear direction. The ammo used didn't seem to matter. (More than 12K rounds through that G27, too, as I try to keep the round count/usage as close to the same as possible nowadays, and I bought them not that far apart, time-wise.)

While trying to figure out why my newer G26 would exhibit an ejection pattern noticeably different than my older one, and regardless of the ammo being used, I ended up trying (3) 336 ejectors, one of the new 274 ejectors, a couple of different trigger mech housings and (3) extractors. All of the extractors have been of the current design (what some folks have taken to calling "dipped" due to the uneven edge at one part of the cast/molded extractor). I even changed the EDP & spring at one point. Looked for burrs of the extractor cut/recess, too.

The 274 ejector didn't help in the case of my G26. (Actually seemed to make it worse.)

It wasn't until I returned to using a 336 ejector (not the original) with the 3rd extractor that I achieved an ejection pattern similar to that of my older G26. Close enough to seem normal in my experience and opinion (and within acceptably normal specs).

Basically, neither of my G26's have ever been as consistent in their ejection patterns as my 3913, CS & SW999c (all of which are remarkably ammunition tolerant), but both of those G26's are more consistent than my Colt 1911's & SW1911SC (which isn't unexpected for 1911's ;) ). :supergrin:

Not something I worry about anymore.

I now have a few of the Gen4 9/.40 ejectors in my parts collection. I have them in case anyone else brings me any Gen3/Gen4 guns that may be causing the owner/shooter an issue regarding empty cases being thrown more toward their face, just in case it might help. I suppose I need to order some more stock extractors, though, as well.

Even though the newest CNC machines are self-monitoring when it comes to cutting tool sharpness, and the slides are tumbled in media to help remove any burrs, I can see the potential for occasional things to happen with a particular machined slide. Kind of like how the breech faces could come really smooth, or contain rough/chipped spots from the cutters.

Then there's the individual shooter & ammunition influences that could sometimes add to the mix of things that have an effect upon the optimal functioning. (Not to mention the level of owner/user maintenance practices, as well as the environment in which the gun & ammo are used by the individual owner/shooter.)

I've seen my fair share of variable functioning when a particular pistol was passed through the hands of a number of shooters.

Bottom line?

If an ejection pattern (or any other) condition were occurring with a shooter relatively new to Glocks, or someone who simply didn't invest a lot of time in frequently using them and practicing with them, I'd probably look first to the shooter skillset & shooting grip/technique.

If it involved a more experienced owner/user of Glocks, then I'd be inclined to first look more closely at the particular gun.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  19. kaech

kaech

^^^^YOUR gen 3.. id have no second thoughts about putting it in if glock was using it in there new gen3s

20. fastbolt

fastbolt

Frankly, whenever I've been discussing things with a repair tech or the LE rep, I've not bothered to ask if they were ever going to change over to the latest revision of their 9/.40 ejector in the Gen3 & older guns. If they do, they do, and I'll update my parts stock (but probably keeping the older style ejectors for repair use, as long as they work normally in any particular gun).

I've been told to try the new ejectors in Glocks where the owners/users report them to exhibit ejection of empty cases in their faces.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012