300 rnds sofas

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Artacticool, May 4, 2012.

1. Artacticool

Artacticool

So today I got a chance to go to the range with my. G23 gen 4 and I had my first fte stovepipe. I don't think it was the actual weapon. As the round I fired I believe had a faulty primer. Sounded like a .22 cal after the trigger click. Hence not enough force to rack the slide causing the fte.

Does that sound plausible? This is my first firearm so just curious to know all the reading on this forum is paying off

:)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. FTjoe

FTjoe

i had a 9mm winchester white box round do the same thing last week. sounded funny and hit waaaay low on the target. yeah, like a 22. that's a good analogy.

3. Rustin

Rustin

It happens. Now here's the fun part-shoot another 300 ASAP to see if it happens again.:supergrin:

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. voyager4520

voyager4520

If it happens again field strip it and make sure there isn't a bullet stuck in the barrel.

5. MajorD

MajorD

anytime you have a light recoil or report suggestive of a squib load always field strip the gun and verify the bore is clear before firing any more. It seems with the ammo compaines putting out higher volumes of cheap blasting ammo- most of what people use for casual practice- there are more quality control issues coming up. 20 years ago you pretty much never heard of any ammo related issues with factory. now it is happening with a fair amount of frequency. Bargain blasting ammo is chaper for a reason- lesser quality components, less quality control out the door.

6. Artacticool

Artacticool

come to think of it I didn't check the barrel. I released the mage racked three times reinserted mag racked and fired no issues afar that. I'm kinda pissed at my self for not checking i know better then that. I know it won't happen again should it fee again. I was using federal i'm going to switch to white box.