GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
8,580 Posts
There were several airstrikes from US carriers and lots of shelling from the USS Jersey before they left. It's not like they just packed up and left.
After the airstrikes and shelling we even sued Iran. We sure showed them.

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts

·
Devious Member
40,471 Posts
So, you are critical of some Glocktalk members political leanings while pointing to an example - on another forum altogether? Really? Now that is pathetic.

Obama is indeed responsible for so much deficit spending, dismal domestic policy, and world retreat foreign policy that one doesn't need to make up stuff to illustrate what a poor President he continues to be.
:thumbsup:

Priorities.

Well, the town the base is in, has fallen (per the Pentagon).. so while it may not be true at the moment, it's only a matter of time.
No.. again, read the link in the first post.. It has numerous tweets, etc, several of which say the Marines are surrounded.. Thus why I made the subject a ?... because our media seemed silent on the issue.
I'm surprised by the lack of coverage.The media sure wants to paint Obama as a darling.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Well, the town the base is in, has fallen (per the Pentagon).. so while it may not be true at the moment, it's only a matter of time.
:rofl:

Soooo... you're saying that al Asad... the second largest FOB in Iraq... is "in" al Baghdadi?

:rofl:

Very little has changed since the end of 2014. ISIS now has direct control of another small town in Anbar.

There was always ISIS between al Asad and MSR BRONZE. There was always ISIS west of al Asad.

Guess what's North and South of al Asad?

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
No.. again, read the link in the first post.. It has numerous tweets, etc, several of which say the Marines are surrounded.. Thus why I made the subject a ?... because our media seemed silent on the issue.
Perhaps they were silent for a reason.

Forgive me for not falling prey to various tweets. Kind of like those tweets that said Jordan's King was strapping a jet to his back so he could avenge a pilot's death.

·
Banned
5,593 Posts
You guys keep saying "They're surrounded" like that means something. Are you saying they're actively being engaged or that a force is obviously preparing to engage them? I'm not seeing where that is a problem or concern.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts

·
Banned
34,066 Posts
So, you are critical of some Glocktalk members political leanings while pointing to an example - on another forum altogether? Really? Now that is pathetic.

Obama is indeed responsible for so much deficit spending, dismal domestic policy, and world retreat foreign policy that one doesn't need to make up stuff to illustrate what a poor President he continues to be.

This ^^^

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Just read that 8 ISIS fighters attacked the gate at an AF base where some US advisors are training local troops. They died. No Americans were involved. Gotta wonder what that was about. Testing response? 8 morons counting coup and getting lined up with their virgins?

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Who knows what is going on behind closed doors. I hope some plans to kill more of these scumbags are in the works.

My son is deploying to that part of the world in 10 days. Not Iraq but the Middle East.

·
Registered
11,459 Posts
Just read that 8 ISIS fighters attacked the gate at an AF base where some US advisors are training local troops. They died. No Americans were involved. Gotta wonder what that was about. Testing response? 8 morons counting coup and getting lined up with their virgins?
CNN said they were suicicde bombers but we're killed by Iraqi security forces before they could do any damage. Supposedly they said the plan was to blow the perimeter fence and rush the place. They were also wearing Iraqi army uniforms.

·
Rip Lips
7,118 Posts
"we're surrounded, that simplifies the problem"
“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

-Chesty Puller

·
Registered
392 Posts
Lots of twitter stuff, etc.. very little confirming this on the major networks (only Fox even seems to mention there's an issue)...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rtedly-seize-iraqi-town-near-base-holding-us/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/02/isis-seizes-al-baghdadi-iraq-300-us-marines-in-jeopardy/

I'm not sure how many ISIS guys there are, but I'm not thinking I'd want to take on 300 Marines in what is presumably a reasonably fortified position (a base)

"We're surrounded... now we have them right where we want them"

....or that quote from Bastogne: "They've got us surrounded...the poor bastsrds!"

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Out of curiosity, how often are these threads started on here? FOBs, FBs, and COPs being attacked and/or "surrounded" by the enemy were not unheard of in Afghanistan or Iraq. Heck, we were always "surrounded"in Afghanistan. What makes this particular example special?

·
Watcher.
40,095 Posts
Perception and hype,it may go sideways though.'08.

·
Banned
25,490 Posts
It gives fox and the other info-tainment networks something to get excited about. I had Savage on yesterday and he was screaming about another Kea Saunn (however it's spelled!)

As already mentioned we have been surrounded there for the last decade or so.

..........and help is close by

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It gives fox and the other info-tainment networks something to get excited about. I had Savage on yesterday and he was screaming about another Kea Saunn (however it's spelled!)

As already mentioned we have been surrounded there for the last decade or so.

..........and help is close by
Savage is s excitable old guy. He is entertaining to listen too but he gets worked up too often for it to mean much when he does.
From what I understand his son had a part in starting Rockstar energy drink, maybe his old man gets free supplies.

300 Marines "surrounded" would be trouble for those doing the surrounding. :)

·
Banned
25,490 Posts
I like him for his emotion! He is entertaining but gets tiring after a 1/2 hour or so.

The 300 Marines will have the *******s outnumbered, no matter how many show up

Wow, can't say rag heads. .........talk about politically correct!

·
Watcher.
40,095 Posts
Today, Saturday Feb 14 2015, Fox tv news was saying that a dozen or so ISIS dudes in suicide vests blew themselves up and no Marines were injured.

Other than hyperhypedyhypeness, it's not much of a story.
With respects,the Marines should not have been hung out like that,potential/real or otherwise.If they are training folk,a evac/support plan should be in place and available.'08.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts