Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a new 300 B/O AR pistol and can't decide between a 7.5" or 10.5" barrel. I currently have a 5.56 AR with the 10.5", but have heard the 300 B/O velocity doesn't differ much with short barrels compared to 5.56. I plan to mount a red dot so sight radius is not a factor.

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
Mine is close with 8.5 barrel. Any AR pistol with that shor a barrel will not be in 5.56

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Ditto on 9" being what the ctg. was designed around. I'm running an 8.5" bbl on my pistol but my next Blackout build will probably be either a 10.5" or 11.5" if I can get the barrel that length. Of course be sure to run a pistol length gas system(i.e. 5" gas tube) so you can run sub-sonic without trouble and go with a 1:7" twist to stabilize those heavy bullets.

Reactions: Brass3

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
My 300 BO pistol, jeep gun, sports a 10.5 inch barrel with a Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp on the end to help with sound redirection. With subsonic ammo the sound level is very tolerable. Heck the 300 sound is tolerable without the Comp on it. Just a lot more so is confined spaces.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
The cartridge was designed ideally for 9" barrel.
I have a Ballistic Advantage Hanson series 10.3" BO barrel. It cycles supers and subs un suppressed reliably.
My 10.5 BO runs them all just fine. It has a Tubs flat wire heavy spring on a H-2 buffer. Ejections are right at 3:0'clock in a nice little pile about 4-5" dia. from bench. The 8.5 " is good as well. I'm really pleased with the builds.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My 300 BO pistol, jeep gun, sports a 10.5 inch barrel with a Kaw Valley Precision Linear Comp on the end to help with sound redirection. With subsonic ammo the sound level is very tolerable. Heck the 300 sound is tolerable without the Comp on it. Just a lot more so is confined spaces.
Looked into the KAW Valley linear comp and like the look and function. I ordered the PSA upper with 7.5" barrel and 7" lightweight M-Lok handguard.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have built 3 AR pistols this year 1 - 10.5 inch 556 it was my first build. It is beautiful with all the best parts, but I never shoot it. On the other hand I have 2 -7.5 inch, 1- 556 and 1 -300 Blackout which I always grab. No problems with the 7.5s.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to sound flippant, but PSA's daily email yesterday had an 8.5" 300 B/O upper, with 9" M-lok handguard, KAK flash can & M-Bus front & rear sights for only $70 more than I paid for the 7.5" without all the extras. I called PSA cust service and they cancelled my 1st order and are set to ship the 8.5".

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Not to sound flippant, but PSA's daily email yesterday had an 8.5" 300 B/O upper, with 9" M-lok handguard, KAK flash can & M-Bus front & rear sights for only $70 more than I paid for the 7.5" without all the extras. I called PSA cust service and they cancelled my 1st order and are set to ship the 8.5".
Good for you I know you're glade you caught that mail, and could get with cust.ser. in time. Happy for yah:waving:.

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
Think you will like it. My 300blk upper is from PSA with stainless 8.5" barrel and I think 7" M-lok hand guard. Runs like a top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.