30 Days: anti gun spends a month with gun owners

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by raven11, Oct 25, 2010.

1. raven11

raven11

I'm watching Planet Green, (in my defense it was one channel up from the military channel) and they had a old episode of 30 days with the stereotypical anti gun city girl(from Mass.) living with a family out in the country who owns guns.

I found it for the most part well balanced. they portrayed gun owners as regular people (there was one guy with a very nice SL8-G36 conversion). they taught her safety rules. let her work in a gunshop and explained to her FFL. unfortunatly they didn't talk to her about the instant-check phone call and she assumed the paperwork was filled out using the honor system:rofl:.

its given me insight about how bad some fear guns they took her out skeet shooting and she was crying after the first shot. i've taken plenty of new shooters out shooting and I never had one cry.

right now they are explaining to her the concept of conceled carry , I like how one of the students comments against concealed carry on campus was "well if the CC and bad guys were in the same room then the police wouldn't know who to shoot"( as opposed to a bunch of disarmed students and a gunman on campus:upeyes:)

I hope she has a change in heart but half the things she says would get her thrown out of my house. she stays in his house and she is just going on and on random gang shooting and how gun owners are responsible:upeyes: she really believes that guns are the demonic tool of Satan.

anyways its a good show for those who never seen a real anti-gunner in the flesh, all the people around me own guns, heck half of them i got into guns. and they ones that don't never turn down the chance to hit the range. i'm just amazed how deranged some anti-gunners are. they are almost hysterical about their hatred for guns

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Originalsin

Originalsin

Yeh, try living in a capital city in Australia for a bit. People look at you like you've grown another head if you promote a right to own guns for self defense here. It's unbelievable some of the illogicities they come up with.

3. void *

void * Dereference Me!

I think it's streamable on Netflix - season 3, episode 5?

The woman seems irrationally afraid, IMHO, but I haven't watched it all yet.

4. rhone89

rhone89

Australia is the one place I would consider it almost mandatory to own a gun... and yet you cant.

5. GTFord1

GTFord1

Yes, you can, out in the right places. Somewhere around a million people have guns in Australia. They've become a hell of a lot more restrictive about them over the years, though.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  6. raven11

raven11