close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3 weeks and counting!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by G29Reload, Feb 28, 2010.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

3 weeks to the Season Three Premiere of

Breaking Bad
    on
    AMC!

The kingpin of the holy trinity of that, Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

The best stuff on TV, talk about must-see!

Bryan Cranston already has two emmies under his belt on this one.

Can't wait!

2. Adjuster

Adjuster

Is this show that good? I have not seen a single episode but see it advertised heavily. If I started watching now after missing the other seasons could I still get into it? Really the only show I am currently waiting on is the new season of True Blood.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

YES! Cranston has beat out Jon Hamm for best actor emmy at least once.

It does help tremendously if you saw the first two seasons to get the whole story, but well worth while if you go out buy the DVD's from that to get revved up.

Plus, AMC usually has a pre-season marathon to help with that.

Basic plot is an otherwise mild-mannered HS chemistry teacher in suburban NM on the cusp of 50 discovers he has lung cancer and does not want to leave his beautiful wife and children on a tiny pension after he's gone.

So, battling the clock, he falls into a plot to start cooking meth, and ends up making great, street-shocking quality meth due to his chemistry background, but knows little about the world of distribution, use, addicts, accompanying crime and shady characters, but still manages to progress with his forced partnership wth Jesse (Aaron Paul). To complicate matters, his brother in law is a Federal narc, which both helps him get educated but crosses paths with him at times on a dangerously close level which he so far has managed to evade getting caught. Guns,violence, competitors and sometimes the customers have caused complications, on top of Walt having to lead a double-life and cutting deals with a shady lawyer.

The show has a downward spiral in which everything goes wrong with numerous subplots and many comparisons to a Coen Bros movie (Fargo, Blood Simple, No Country For Old Men) in which an otherwise, nice innocent protagonist goes bad (hence Breaking Bad) and its been said the Coen Bros have become aware of the series early on and gave it their highes praise.

The writing and editing are phenomenal as is the character development and plot twists.

4. Kith

Kith

I don't own a t.v., and rarely do I watch one, but sometimes at a friends house or whatever i'll sit in front of the tube while we're hanging out.

I cought some of the episodes of the first season, I think maybe the first 5 consecutively.

I thought it was a good show, a few times it got me to laugh at some of the things they did.

If I didn't think 95% of what airs is crap, i'd probably get a t.v. - but from what i've seen of this show it was pretty entertaining.

5. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

sounds like a thumbs up to me!

Justified is coming up 3/16, though I think that's on FX...looks like another winner...