close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3 more weeks :(

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kodiakpb, Feb 20, 2012.

1. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Sold a few things and have a blue label 19 ordered in addition to some i-dot Pros, X-300, and factory extended slide stop lever. Next on the list is a Phantom light compatible holster and a double modular mag carrier in coyote. I'm going crazy already.

2. AlexTheSquid

AlexTheSquid

Oh I know the feeling man... took me 5 weeks to find a blue label G19 Gen 4 in my area. I was told I could order one, but I insisted I could find one in stock. Joke was on me! I finally found one with facory night sights for $490 and snatched it up. Best decision ever.

3. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Very nice! Yeah the shop where I'm ordering is really good about an hour and a half away. My last one took just under three weeks. Local LE shop tried to tell me 10 months, can you believe that crap? Same ones who tried to tell me there was a trigger housing recall on the Gen 4's (and he wasn't talking about the ejector either).

4. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank

Nice. I think I'm going with a blue label 10 as well. Post a range report when you get to shoot it.

5. AlexTheSquid

AlexTheSquid

That was the same thing I was told here in VA. I have THE 2 big blue-label distributors within 1.5 hours from my home. The closest one tells me they can order one, but no longer carry Glock because they are sick of the wait time. The other had no idea when they will have stock of new 19s, and suggested I can order one but "don't know when it would come it, it can be anywhere from 1 week to 10 months".
    I called several other dealers that usually stock blue-labels and they were all out. My last-ditch was to go to the local place (literally down the road from me) where I bought my last 2 guns, but they usually don't have good prices at all. I ended up finding my blue-label and walked out in the end paying $530, but that was with 5 range passes to their other store which are usually $15 a pop... so it all came out even in the end, and they (once again) got a good review from me. That is 2 Glocks, an H&K, and a Ruger from them now.

6. AlexTheSquid

AlexTheSquid

You read my mind, though I posted it in someone else's thread this morning. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18606030&postcount=37

Since the sights were already on it, all I added was the extended slide release, grip plug, and those are the only "mods" so far except for the Blackhawk paddle serpa holster I keep it in. I said it before and will say it again, I think Glock got it right this time. This Gen 4 is worlds better than the Gen 3 I had, and am glad I sold it for this one. Now I am wanting to buy a Gen 4 23 and get a 32 barrel for it - need more money! :whistling:

7. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Ha your talking about the place on J Clyde Morris aren't you? I'm getting mine in Richmond where I got my other one (Town Police Supply). Those guys are squared away $398

8. AlexTheSquid

AlexTheSquid

Yup I'm talking about the place on J Clyde Morris... can't remember the name. Almost drove right by it trying to find it haha.
    Town Police Supply came highly recommended but by the time I called them and got their answer, I was pulling into A&P Arms here in Hampton where they sold me the Gen 4 they had just gotten in. So the ~$30 price difference was tolerable since I avoided a drive to Richmond.

9. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

I'll have to check out A&P, haven't been there yet. Yeah you got a good deal.

Quarter Tank..I'll definitely post a full report.