3.5 lb connector - why so expensive?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by StrokenMerc, Jan 17, 2010.

1. StrokenMerc

StrokenMerc StrokenMerc

I've found 5 lb and 8 lb connectors for $3.61, but the 3.5 lb connectors are typically $20 and up. Are the 3.5 lb connectors made of some type of unobtainium or is it merely a higher price for a higher demand?:dunno:

Keep Stroken

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. glock-fan

glock-fan

I will sell you one LWD 3.5# connector for 15.00 shipped.

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

It's only the Glock brand of 3.5# connector that is typically in the range of $20. And that is because Glock won't sell the 3.5 in the US except when it is sold on a competition model. So, theoretically, the pieces available here were purchased in Europe and shipped to the US with 2-3 more profit-takers in the process. And the funny thing is, I haven't been able to find anyone who can say how to make sure that they are genuine Glock connectors.

4. cbsaf

cbsaf

You mean the ones that are identical to the Scherer 3.5lb connector other than the lack of an S on the front edge? The same ones that look more like the Scherer in terms of metal color and tool marks than a Glock 5lb connector? Certainly not.

I've got a "Glock" 3.5lb connector in my G17. I'll just buy Scherer connectors from here on out. I'd rather buy their connectors than their aweful grip extensions with the worst mis-match checkering pattern ever.

5. UNIT 6639

UNIT 6639

Do you need one Merc? I have a lone wolf one that I am not using in any of my Glocks.

I think I have a factory glock one as well, I will have to look for that one though, I saw the lone wolf one yesterday in my sock drawer :D

Email sent Merc, just let me know!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  6. StrokenMerc

StrokenMerc StrokenMerc

Thanks 6639, I sent you an email.

Keep Stroken

7. tbird911

tbird911

Let me know if you have one left-- especially a factory Glock one . . .

8. JBP55

JBP55

9. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Yes, they cost the same as the 5.5 and 8lb connectors. The demand, and the fact that they are not for sale in the US, besides in the practical tacticals, jacks the price. Yes, it is ridiculous.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  10. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

I have Glock and Scherer. I feel a difference even though they look exactly the same. I had Scherer on my 19 and Glock on my 26. I replaced the Scherer with a Glock version I bought from Glockparts.com. I ordered 2 more as well. One for my 27 and another for my next Glock that I don't own.

11. UNIT 6639

UNIT 6639

I know for a fact I have the lone wolf, I need to search for the factory - Glock one though, I pulled it out of my 34 then put it somewhere in a box.

12. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

Get a Ghost I have used Glock LWD and the one other and I think the Ghost is the best IMO

13. Lloyd-Xmas

Lloyd-Xmas

The aftermarket ones often come already polished as well. Don't know how much that adds to their cost. I would imagine you also have to pay for the cost of their development (ie making a connector that gives the right feel and a shorter reset etc). Otherwise IDK.

14. UUhiteboy w/G22

UUhiteboy w/G22

Why do they say not to use the 4lb spring on the firing pin for CCW or Duty? Does it make the pull even lighter??

15. bentbiker

bentbiker

I think Glock's position is that they don't want to recommend any setup for personal defense with a trigger pull any lower than the standard 5.0 - 5.5# pull. The competition springs are actually stronger than the standard 5# coil springs (6# I think) and since they AID in pulling the trigger, they lessen the pull by 1/2 to 1 lb from whatever the std spring gives with the connector of your choosing.

16. UUhiteboy w/G22

UUhiteboy w/G22

sooo a 3.5 connector + 4lb spring would = 3-2.5 trigger pull???

17. VA_Glocker

VA_Glocker

Hello.... More Demand .... More Cost.!!!
    :cool:

Everyone wants a 3.5lbs trigger.

18. bentbiker

bentbiker

A 3.5 connector and competition spring (6? lb, not 4 lb) would probably get the pull down close to the 3 lb range, but would be quite touchy for any kind of defense weapon.

Edit: Reading JBP55's response below, I just re-read the UUhiteboy question above and realized he asked about the firing pin spring, not the trigger spring. JBP55 answered the real question.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  19. YogiBearFan

YogiBearFan

I don't feel any difference between a good Scherer and a factory Glock 3.5# connector. I buffed them both and they perform just as I had hoped. Rubbed a bit of CLP on them and they work great.

I have mine mated to a NY1 spring as well. 5.8# pull at the trigger tip. 6.6# in the middle. Breaks clean and accuracy over factory is every bit as good.

20. JBP55

JBP55

Lighter, yes and you could possibly have light strikes on the primer and failure to fire.
    Lighter firing pin springs are more reliable with lightened firing pins.