3.5 ghost rocket connector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rman 585, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Rman 585

Rman 585 Chip Maker

On Saturday morning had my gunsmith install a 3.5 ghost rocket connector in my G34 plus replaced springs and added a tungsten 13 lb recoil spring.

All I can say Is it is Great what a increadable upgrade and it was cheap it was like $30 bucks for connector and springs and $50 for guide rod and recoil spring.$25 to install and my Glock now has 2 3/4 lb trigger pull and it shoots ALOT better no more over travel and trigger is smoother.

Went to the range on Saturday and shot 150 rounds and it is GREAT.I would reccomend this to any of you Glockers that want a better shooting Glock !!!!!!

2. tahco gunworks

tahco gunworks

2.75 lbs trigger pull? Holy crap, that's a time bomb waiting to go off for anything other than range use.

3. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

That light without changing the firing pin spring?

Don't carry it like that. Please. Crazy things can happen when you draw during a high-stress situation.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  4. 1911master

1911master

Does make a difference. Im not sure under 3#s. I always install a 3.5 connector and 4# striker spring and smooth fact tigger in every Glock I own.

5. youngvr4

youngvr4

i've got the 3.5 lb connector. and i've been in hgih stress sitiuations.

its nothing compared to a nice 1911. trigger is much shorter on most 1911's than a 3.5lbs trigger on a glock. or even a 2.75

6. AZson

AZson

I have a 2 1/2 pull on my G35 using a rocket with a tungston rod.
    Love it. I also put marinor cups on my firing pin.

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

So all of those 1911's with ~2 pound trigger pulls are also "time bombs" ?

Please. As if.

Their site says "fine for carry", but they don't recommend the light striker spring, probably because you run the risk of a light primer strike. But the stock striker spring doesn't change the pull that much.

If you carry *any* gun, the rule should be
    1) Finger OFF trigger until
    2) You need to use it

I'd advise plenty of practice prior to carry to get used to it, as well as ongoing practice... but that should be the case even without this mod.

8. Rman 585

Rman 585 Chip Maker

Its a range only gun ....

9. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

But mariner cups are to allow any water to flow out of the firing pin channel and I thought Glock was 'dis-recommending' them for average carry. Plus, you're from AZ - the desert.

If I know the secret handshake, can you tell me what they do for you?

10. AZson

AZson

If you have seen marine cups you would know they have slots cut in the side to allow the water to flow and also causes less drag on the firing pin.
    Besides I don't use it for every day carry.

11. SpyderTattoo72

SpyderTattoo72

Less drag on the firing pin? How about less support and easier to break because of less material there. Unless you're operating in and around water on a daily basis you don't need them, and they will break sooner than standard cups.

Did you know that the hollow area in the grip (not the magwell) is also there as a drain?

12. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

I think that's why Glock doesn't recommend them as a willy-nilly replacement. I ordered a pair nearly 2 years ago, but when I got them and looked at them, they looked a bit flimsy. I threw them in the parts drawer; still in the baggy.

13. cciman

cciman MacGyver

Incredible! There's always that 1911 seepage in every Glock discussion...

How do you know what HIS trigger feels like? -- I don't, but I do have 4 1911's, and I'm not that wow'd of their SA triggers-

Big Whuup for the 1911 SA trigger-- I think my communist guns, and Taurus do the same on SA mode. I like that tactile middle zone, and the sharp reset of Glock.

14. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

I use Ghost Rockets with 6lb trigger spring but use 6 lb Striker spring. Pull weight comes to 4.0 to 4.5 lbs. 6 lb trigger spring eases the take up and I find the ghost connector breaks cleaner than the (-) Glock connector or the LWD 3.5 connector. 6 lb striker spring does 2 things 1.) Reduces the chance of a light strike an 2.) slightly offsets the 6 lb trigger spring bringing the pull weight to 4 lb or slightly more.
    Do a complete .25 trigger job buy polishing the trigger bar and connector completely. Lightly stone the the top of the end of the trigger bar that touches the rim of the connector and the part of the trigger bar that contacts the safety plunger to reduce the stamping marks on those areas. (DO NOT USE A DREMMEL USE A VERY FINE STONE AND USE IT JUST ENOUGH TO SMOOTH THE ROUGH SPOTS OUT) smooth the radius of the the safety plunger and polish all parts that make contact including the striker except for the inside of the lug that makes contact with the cruciform.
    I have found that this makes for a very smooth shorter trigger pull with very little stacking. a clean break and little if any over travel with a short reset.
    Have done this with all my Glocks and the result in a safe carry gun but a great trigger.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  15. a_just_cause

a_just_cause

I was wondering if anyone who has installed their ghost rocket + springs had the opportunity to try an advantage arms conversion kit and could provide insight on this... AA's website warns against this and I'm just trying to judge if its something that 'can' interfere or 'does'.
    Thanks!

16. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

In "my" experience AA is correct. The Ghost triggers, or any aftermarket trigger for that matter, have not run well with their kits. But then again the "kits" themselves have been hit or miss also.

Try it and see what happens, worse case scenario you just swap connectors to shoot .22LR out of your Glock, no big deal, it only takes a few minutes, and you already have to take the slide off anyways to put on the one from AA.
    :wavey:

17. mboylan

mboylan

Under stress an AD from a 2.75 lb trigger would have happened with a 6 lb trigger. Training and trigger finger discipline are all that matters.

18. mboylan

mboylan

I agree there. I'ld move up to a 15 lb spring to avoid out of battery firing as the spring wears. The other alternative.is a 4lb striker spring and lightened striker.