close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

3.5 Connectors Again!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by robhic, Aug 16, 2012.

1. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member Silver Member

I see a lot of people using a Glock 3.5 connector and that NY1 spring. I tried a Ghost drop-in 3.5 connector and the NY1 spring. I really really really wanted to like it but I just could not!

I've seen respected forum member Butch say friends don't let friends use a NY spring. Does the connector make the difference? Have those who like this combination specifically like it because of the Glock connector and not a different brand? Like is there a difference between the Ghost and/or a Glockmeister connector and the Glock to make a difference?

I am curious if there are significant variances between brands. I can't believe some love the NY1 spring and so many hate it. There's got to be a causal factor here. I'm betting on the connector brand. Can anyone say one way or the other?

2. JBP55

JBP55

It has nothing to do with the connector brand. Many prefer a Glock with a lighter pull rather than a heavier pull and very few like a 7# Glock trigger pull.

3. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida

I am just like you, I tried Ghost 3.5 Ultimate and Ghost 4.5 Ranger connectors with the NY1 spring, and I didn't like it at all. I wound up using the Ranger 4.5 connector with the 6lb trigger and firing pin springs in my carry G36 and the 3.5 Ultimate with the 6lb trigger and firing pin springs in my home defense G21SF and now I love them both.

4. robhic

That makes sense. After playing around with stuff, I ended up going back to stock OEM in all 3 of my 9's. I tried but like the stock setup best. I can live with the 5.5# pull and don't have to worry about any liabilities using non-stock parts.

5. barth

barth six barrels

I've tried the Ghost 3.5 drop in, and the Glock OEM "-",
    with the NY1. They are nearly identical to me.
    I think the Ghost is a little crisper. But not by much.

Triggers are a personal preference.
    Some like the consistent pull and positive reset the NY1 provides.
    Some Don't.
    Opinions vary.
    GTs very own Mas likes the NY1 with the standard connector.
    I tried that and it's really heavy.
    I can shoot well with it though, but just don't like it.

Folks have preferences with the various 3.5 connectors,
    but they are all very close.

There's a large contingent that favors the factory OEM NIB
    Glock trigger. Try them all and come back to factory.

Do you like blondes, brunettes or redheads?
    You have to date them and find out don't you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  6. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

i tried the ghost 3.5 in my gen4 gun and it seems that the pull weight is around what the older gen3 guns were at with the standard connector around 5lbs. This setup is really nice and the reset made a nice distinctive click that I like. its all personal preference guys, try it and if you dont like it, these guns are so easy to work on and parts are so cheap that it makes it easy to try a bunch of different ways that you may or may not like. Glocks rule...

7. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

I have tried the Ghost 3.5, the Ultimate and the Rocket. The Rocket IMO is by far the best of the 3

8. Socks tear

Socks tear

+1. The NY1 + 3.5 connector made the pull very linear (no wall) but too heavy for me

FWIW, my Gen 1 G17 has the original springless NY1 and shoots great

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  9. robhic

That's 'zactly what I did. I tried the NY1 spring with the 3.5 connector and tried to like it but just couldn't. I've seen many (yourself included) that love that setup, but I couldn't find the love for it.

Yes.

10. robhic

I think the Rocket is a better choice from what I've read here. I stuck with just a drop-in and didn't feel like fitting the connector. Maybe in the future when I'm feeling lucky... :embarassed:

11. eschang1

eschang1

Seems that everyone loves the Ghost Rocket. I tried a couple in my Gen 4's and put the Dave Spaulding cut on them. Reset is nice and the overtravel is pretty much eliminated, but something just felt spongy. Have tried the Ranger 4.5, OEM Minus (now called a 4.5#), and the dot connector. Ranger had a nice break but the reset felt weird. The OEM Minus connector was OK but had a similar sponginess. Settled on the dot connector. I think it would be cool if they made a Ranger 4.5 with an overtravel stop bar like the Rocket. For some reason the reset click felt better on the Rocket than the Ranger, I'm guessing the overtravel stop has something to do with it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  12. barth

barth six barrels

I've tried both Ghost 3.5 drop-in and Ghost Rocket 3.5.
    I prefer the drop-in.

Maybe you're already lucky?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012