2nd season of Mindhunter

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sonoma, Aug 18, 2019.

1. sonoma

sonoma

Just finished the second season of Mindhunter on Netflix and enjoyed it for the most part.Impressed the producers find people that look so much like the actual criminals they are portraying.Ed Kemper, the coed killer has an I.Q. of 145 and is very personable with the fbi agents.If you didn't know about him I would never think he would be capable of decapitating people.

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    You should see an actual interview with the real Ed Keller, he seems as harmless as anyone you could imagine, and he speaks so matter of factly about his crimes....

NAZG26 likes this.

3. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

I agree. The guy that plays Ed Kemper is doing a fantastic job. It's one of the few shows I'm both watching, and enjoying.

DocPoison and bandsaw like this.
  4. Critch

Critch

They do a really good job..the guy who plays Manson is spot on..maybe they should have put Manson in Ed Kemper's cell....I don't think Charlie would have lasted long..

sonoma and clancy like this.
  5. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

and I almost forgot.. Dr. Wendy Carr... Tall, wildly intelligent.. Strikingly attractive. Every scene she is in I find it impossible to blink, or look away. Classic elegance. Head held high always. She is definitely my cup of tea.

Low_Speed and sonoma like this.
  6. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

Tried to watch S2E1 yesterday, got through 3/4 of it and gave up as it wasn't holding my attention like season 1.

7. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

I always thought she was attractive. Loved her in "Fringe". Just the other night while watching "Mindhunter" my wife ruined it by pointing out she has an oddly sloped forehead. Now, between the weird forehead and wide set eyes she looks like an alien to me. Thanks, wifey-poo.

Von Hayes likes this.
  8. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

I agree that while she does not have that classic American beauty, it's that she lacks that look that I find so attractive.. Her IMDB Anna Torv says she is an Australian actress. I have seen her in one other series on Netflix where she is a reporter, and she actually speaks in her native tongue... That's where I first saw her, and as they say it was love at first sight.

IMDB says she is only 5'7"... That seems incorrect.. She is as tall as, or taller than, all of her co-stars on Mindhunter. I realize they always have her in heels though... I'm 6'3 and even in her heels, I'd still tower over her.. and she could find comfort under me any time she felt like it.. If she is an alien-I'm down for probing!

9. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Y'all got me interested so I'm working on getting S1 E1 for later tonight. 2160p :thumbsup:

10. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

It really is a decent show (compared to a lot of the CRAP that both Netflix and Hulu have).

11. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

An interesting show. I find it amusing however that the interviewing/interrogation techniques the FBI is using is considered so new and cutting edge and that the local police detectives are so clueless. Those techniques have been around for a long time and any detective/investigator would know them. The use of empathy, minimization and props was/is a common tactic. I suppose they have to dramatize the difference to make it more interesting.

Overall it's a good show but now I want to read the book that it's based on.

12. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

i think i have the hardback somewhere from couple decades back if it's the one written by founder of unit, but never finished it as it was just too grim. may make another attempt & ferret out its whereabouts after finishing this season.

with regard to above post, unit actually was groundbreaking and has little to do with their interview techniques; e.g., primarily for eventually isolating commonalities ("triad") of behavior shared among serial killers in particular.

separately, really digging tench's gray plymouth.

13. 7th District

7th District

Ditto :cool:

14. 7th District

7th District

I’ve been very impressed with the casting & acting during this series. I just heard that it’s planned to run 5 season.

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I think this may be the best law enforcement/crime series ever made. The characters and acting are way beyond any I can think of.

Not likely to appeal to the people who think TV shows should be an hour of people running around shooting everything they see, like a video game, but those people probably won't be able to read my opinion anyhow.

jmontgomery, diggy485 and Von Hayes like this.
  16. tuica

tuica

Just saw part of a promo for this series. Looks like something I’d find compelling, but spend too mucho screen time as it is. Pretty much limited to movies and documentaries. But will keep it in mind for those long winter nights.

17. rj1939

rj1939

The Wayne Williams investigation brought back some memories, remember it went on for a good while. Didn't know that he was never tried for killing the kids, only two adults.

18. IvanVic

IvanVic

Can’t wait for the next season.

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Were you a police officer in the 80's? I was (late 80's, while the show is earlier) and I find it pretty accurate. I can remember guys coming back from classes on Kenesic interviewing and similar techniques in 1989-90 talking about the amazing new techniques. I can remember going to homicide investigation school around 1990 and learning some about profiling and VICAP and all that FBI stuff.

20. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

I was in law enforcement from 76-2010. I remember going to the Reid School of interviewing and interrogation in the early 80s. It was fairly common by then at least around where I was.