Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 2nd generation Glock 19, in excellent condition. It only has 2 pins and not 3. I was replacing the connector, with a 5.5 lb, it had an 8 lb.
When I pushed the trigger pin out, it was in 3 pieces. Is this an early design, or is it broken in 2 places?? I put her back together, and it functions as good as new...My question is did some early 2 nd generation have a 3 piece trigger pin???

·
Hoplophilic Doc
314 Posts
I own two second generation G19s, bought NIB by me in 1989, from Don Streicher's cop shop, and they came with the 8 lb connector too. (It was a cop "gotta have a heavier trigger for safety" thing then, apparently).

I still have both guns, both had Glock's "upgrade", and both run completely fine, though they have had 3.5 lb connectors and Wolf guide rods and springs for some 20 years now, not to mention hard chromed slides for the past decade. (The old Gen 2 phosphate finish eventually got pretty worn.)

Your "three-piece" trigger/locking block pin is definitely broken.

It's a cheap part to replace, fortunately.

Interestingly, mine have never broken, even after tens of thousands of rounds. You might want to carefully check each of the components of your new acquisition.
Best.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I own two second generation G19s, bought NIB by me in 1989, from Don Streicher's cop shop, and they came with the 8 lb connector too. (It was a cop "gotta have a heavier trigger for safety" thing then, apparently).

I still have both guns, both had Glock's "upgrade", and both run completely fine, though they have had 3.5 lb connectors and Wolf guide rods and springs for some 20 years now, not to mention hard chromed slides for the past decade. (The old Gen 2 phosphate finish eventually got pretty worn.)

Your "three-piece" trigger/locking block pin is definitely broken.

It's a cheap part to replace, fortunately.

Interestingly, mine have never broken, even after tens of thousands of rounds. You might want to carefully check each of the components of your new acquisition.
Best.

what he said,,,,, IMMEDIATLY:wow:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I would first check the locking block for looseness, in later guns they added one more pin to distribute the forces to a larger area on the frame.
If the locking block is not tight in the frame you might want to send it back to Glock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts