close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2nd gen Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mm5300, Apr 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mm5300

mm5300

I was thinking about selling/trading in a 2nd gen Glock 19 that I have. I'm interested in getting one with the light rail. First, would you recommend selling the 2nd gen or keeping that one as well? I've seen all kinds of threads that talk about the older gens being better than the newer ones, so I'm wondering what to do. Should I try to find a 3rd gen that has the light rail and stay away from the newer ones?

Also, if I do decide to sell the 2nd gen, any ideas what it's worth? I bought it used in '95 and (I know it's kinda sad), but probably only put 150 rounds through it. I'm not sure how many from the previous owner. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Keep it, as it is the sweetest G19 to date. You don't need a light rail unless you are L.E. doing house clearing, which is not personal defense.

4. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Keep it. I see the 2nd gen Glocks in the used toy department and yearn for their looks (yes, Glock can be attractive) and feel.
    I also prefer the charcoal grey phosphate finish on the slide of the gen II's. It's less slippery when wet and doesn't shine like the newer ones.

When I was shopping for a G-19 this winter I went back and forth between a new gen III or a used gen II. I went with the gen III, it's a great gun, super accurate and ergonomic, but it's looks are nothing to write home about.

5. ski19

ski19

I agree keep it, I have two 2nd gen 19's. Spent a few years looking for number 2.

6. pilot5131

pilot5131

I'd say keep it too. I love my 2nd Gen G19.

7. mm5300

mm5300

Sounds like I should keep it! I think I'll keep it and maybe pick up a 3rd gen as well. Thanks for all the info!

8. tinman517

tinman517

Good decision . . . At some point, you will be pleased that you made this decision. If so, enjoy your soon-to-be new G19. Perhaps, you might want to wait a short time and take a look at the new Gen 4 G19, which will be out soon, I hope.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

If you change your mind, lemme know. I'm really into 2nd Gen 19 models.:cool: