close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2nd Gen 17/21 Slide Closes When Mag Slapped

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gapi, Mar 28, 2010.

1. gapi

gapi NRA/GCO MEMBER

I have a 2nd gen 17 & 21 that when I bump a magazine in, the slide closes.

2. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

It happens. No worries.

3. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Like the other poster said, it's common...happens on all glocks. I've always had it chamber a round when it has happened to me, but I was warned in the academy that it may not always 100% be reliable for chambering a round....so don't get into a habit of slapping it like that on every fresh mag.

4. ricky_arthur

ricky_arthur

My g22 and g23 do that and I like it. It's not a problem and in fact I find it a plus to speed mag changes. My 27 doesn't and I have to remember to release the slide. With the 22 and 23 I find that I can seat a mag and have the slide release or not release whichever I want depending on the situation. A firm slap to the bottom of the mag will release the slide and a more controlled seating of the mag will not. Whats not to like about that?:supergrin:

5. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Works great for IDPA and USPSA.

6. gapi

gapi NRA/GCO MEMBER

Ah! Thanks,

The feedback I got from the NRA instructors is a Glock fix is available and they suggested the fix in the event of a situation I had my finger on the trigger it would fire.
    This can be an expected comment coming from them I guess and is well respected. One of the instructors is an old timer and said he remembered both of his early generation units did it and after a trip to Glock they never did it again. Of course he was on a Police department so this would be mandatory.
    So it's my call I guess.

Thanks!

7. gapi

gapi NRA/GCO MEMBER

Well I called Glock Smyrna this AM and explained about the slide closing when a full magazine is slapped in and he exclaimed how some like it especially in competition.
    I then asked is this something you would repair or adjust not to happen if an owner brought it in? He said it's not something he would ask me to bring it in for as it is not the normal procedure to bang a magazine in.

So she stays as is and I'm not unhappy about it.