2nd Amendment Public Relations Campaign

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Minnow, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Minnow

Minnow

I would like to see more pro 2nd amendment supporters in the spotlight. Well spoken statesman who are willing to go onto the national stage in an organized PR fashion and speak out on behalf of the second amendment. Pro second amendment actors, athletes, musicians, doctors, police chiefs, bloggers, etc.
    People who can stand toe to toe with raving lunatics and garner support from laymen and people who may not think this effects them directly too on not just this amendment, but others as well. Especially in less free states like New York.
    We see folks like Ted Nugent who actually speak well on behalf of gun supporters on a national program, but I would like to see this in a more organized group of people who will work along side and independent of the NRA to educate the public and clear up misconceptions I hear on TV all the time. Gain momentum and not only do this with facts, but sell it with charm. Today Bruce Willis spoke to the second amendment positively for example. What other relevant folks would you like to see and hear from and often?

2. Minnow

Minnow

Mods, if you fell this is more appropriate for the political issues forum, feel free to move.

3. WarCry

WarCry

After watching the Senate hearings, I still say the NRA needs to bench Wayne LaPierre and name Prof David Kopel as their PR spokeman. That man absolutely stole the show at that hearing.

4. Catswold

Catswold God rules all!

I agree, Wayne is not the best or most articulate spokesman for gun rights.

For one thing, I would like to see our side stop talking about "fighting a tyrannical government," or "fighting against oppression," or anything remotely like it.

We need to be wiser in how we phrase what we say. Instead of fighting against . . . we need to speak about having a armed citizenry so that those in government contemplating over-reaching legislation are deterred from considering it.

Our Founding Fathers always talked about an "armed citizenry," We don't want military style weapons so we can fight against our government or against a despotic government, we want those weapons so that the people are so well armed that those in government will never even consider attempting to usurp power or curtail our rights.

Deterrence, not confrontation. It has the same meaning, it just offers a more rational less offensive way of describing what we all believe in.