2ID's new Alcohol policy on the Korean peninsula...

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by apacheaws, Feb 15, 2007.

1. apacheaws

apacheaws Señor Member

Sound off if you're stationed in Korea...

For anyone who hasn't heard, there have been a few too many rape cases in the past month or two, so the knee-jerk reaction from up top is to prevent soldiers from getting drunk, period. If you're caught at any time with a BAC above .1 then you get UCMJ. The only exception is DA 31 leaves/passes.

MPs caught around 30 people in Yongsan on the first night, just by approaching people they thought might be drinking and giving them a breathalyzer.

"Assignment of Choice" my ass.

2. Sapperstang

Sapperstang Paratrooper

I was there 00-01. About all we did was get drunk. Korea was the last time I got REALLY drunk. :banana:

3. icarian

icarian Guest

:supergrin: First I thought you said .01:shocked:, not .1, then caught myself. Yeah, that does suck...been many a time that I've been over a .1 as we all try make it home/to a friend's place to crash.

Take it one can still drink to excess, but it is in quarters only? And yeah, enjoy that "assignment of choice"

Done over three years there myself ([email protected] and 2004-2006 split between Stanley/K16). Probably still looking at one or two more tours before I retire.:yuck:

4. MP1SG

MP1SG

I was in TDC 76-77, what good time. If Miss Kim is still there tell her hello. :rofl:

5. snakeman

snakeman

All I can say is, 4 more months. I can't wait to get out of Korea.

snakeman

6. Currahee

Currahee NRA Member

Korea was the worst. Not because of the country but because of the Army. I am sure that Korea would be fun as a civilian. I was up at Camp Greaves.

It says something when we were happy to deploy to the Sunni Triangle just because we were leaving Korea!!!

7. gahadron

gahadron

I was in TDC from 97-98. Things sure have changed I guess. I was eighteen there (first duty station) and we said drunk. Oh well.