27 years in .fed solitary confinement for killing a prison guard.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gallium, Feb 25, 2010.

1. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

I like this idea! :thumbsup:

2. Alderak

Alderak

waste of time and energy.

whichever is cheaper, 22lr or a cattle puncher.

3. JJS

JJS RIP Col.Moroney

Can't argue with that.

Guess it could be arranged but I doubt it.

4. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

27 years? Pffft!

Robert Stroud (popularly known as "The Birdman of Alcatraz", although he never kept birds while at Alcatraz) died at age 73 - having spent 54 of those years incarcerated INCLUDING 42 YEARS IN SOLITARY!

Just a point of comparison...

kestrou

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

A million here, a million there...soon you're talking about real cash. :faint:

6. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I don't care if he is cured or if he is even mentally ill. How many more opportunities to commit murder do you think he should get? Fortunately his buddy Clayton Fountain, who murdered another Guard at Marion the same day, died of a heart attack in 2004 so we don't have sob sisters whining about "mistreatment" in his case.
    When he and Fountain were sentenced there was no Federal Death Penalty and letting him out of isolation to run up his scorecard further would be idiotic IMO.

That argument is disingenuous because the sob sisters who get their knickers in a knot over scum being executed are the people doing their level best to run the appeals out (and the costs up) until the scum can die a natural death after 30 years on Death Row.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  7. K720

K720

Robert Stroud, AKA "The Birdman" also killed a Corrections Officer to earn him his time. I understand that in reality, he was a miserable S.O.B.

8. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Birdman is actually a far flung cousin of mine - found that out as we share the last name Stroud and I traced the geneology.

kestrou

9. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Yup - killing guards is SERIOUS business - as well it should be!

Not trying to take Birdman's side in this at all. Miserable SOB is a "light" description - I've done a lot more research than just watching Burt Lancaster play a role...

kestrou

10. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

I agree, sick or not you are what you are. It's sad that some people have mental illness and some can't be cured but when you start killing you need to be just locked away from everyone because you don't understand what the hell your doing. Yes if this was my kid I would still agree and would wish someone at the prison would put him out of his misery.

11. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

That's messed. I'd never want to do so much time in prison, let alone solitary confinement.
    IMO you should be able to sign a form and be executed in prison. That lack of human interaction would be more torture than I can imagine anybody taking.

I'm not sticking up for him, what he did was horrible, but put this ****er out of his misery.

12. BleedNOrange

BleedNOrange Go Vols

Although I tend to be on your side, I doubt that if you were one of the ones falsely convicted the BS you speak of would seem so mindless and inane.

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I've read about this guy, and saw some specials about him on A&E. He's apparently the only person in the Federal Prison system to be given the classification "No Human Contact"

14. 1time

1time Lifetime Member

The cost of execution is inflated to make a anti death penalty argument. The factor in judges, DA's, police officers, defense attorneys..... all of which get paid if it is a death penalty case or not. They get appeals if they are sentenced to 30 years just like if they are sentenced to death.

15. K720

K720

I say keep him where he is. Give him good care so he has a loooooong miseable life. He is a POS who can't suffer enough for what he did.

16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

How do you get falsely convicted of killing a prison guard? There are SOME innocent (of the crime) people on death row, or sentenced to life in prison...and for every one of those, there are another 3 doz who we know beyond any shadow of any doubt did it.

Let us start with those ones, to free up some space, time and capital.

'Drew

17. K720

K720

Stroud was reprimanded by a guard in the cafeteria for a minor rule violation. Although the infraction was not a serious one, it could have annulled Stroud's visitation privilege to meet his younger brother, whom he had not seen in eight years. Stroud stabbed and killed a guard, Andrew Turner, on March 26, 1916. He was sentenced to execution by hanging on May 27, and was ordered to await his death sentence in solitary confinement.

That's just part of his charactor. Typical of Hollywood in any era to symphatize with a piece of trash, much the same as they love Mumia.

18. BleedNOrange

BleedNOrange Go Vols

Where in my post did I mention the killing of the guard? I merely stated that IF you were one of the innocents then the appeals wouldnt seem such bs.

19. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Yes, where in my original post did I mention putting innocent folks to death?

:)

'Drew

20. BleedNOrange

BleedNOrange Go Vols

You didn't nor did I mention the prisoner in question was innocent of killing the guard. Your point? I for one am willing to put up with the mindless BS even if it saves just one innocent from being put to death or imprisoned forever, especially if its me or a family member. I'd bet a pretty penny you would feel the same if it happened to you.