Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from our local indoor range and am miffed at my 27, This is the one i have been using as my CCW, I carry the standard 9rd mag in but for a reload I carry the 15rd, When I fired my 27 to lock back I inserted the 15rd mag and slingshotted the slide,now the fun begins, it didnt feed, I had to pull the slide back and lock it open on the slide release. I thought hmm ok, tried it again, same thing. locked it open and used the slide release same thing, slide moved forward and FTF. I removed the 15rd mad and tried all the above with the 9rd mags no problems, slingshot or pressing slide release fed everytime. Any thoughts or ideas? I will be turning this over to our armorer but maybe someone can give me a little insight.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Is the 15 round mag new? If so, it could be out of spec or something. If not, it could be a weak mag spring, damaged follower, etc..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, your grip could be mis-aligning the 15 rd mag. One of the justifications for the mag spacers is that it holds it at the right angle. Otherwise you are just really miffed at one magazine, not the g27. Do you have a 22 or 23 to try the mag in?

·
Adirondacker with a Glock
2,812 Posts
I had a similar issue with my G22 and a pre-ban 15 rd mag. Tried to chamber round, but it didn't. I found the top bullet was nosed down a little and was catching on the front of the mag. I tried scraping the inside front of the mag with a brass brush and lubed it with a little gun butter, but haven't taken it back to the range yet. (An outdoor range at approx 0 degrees F. - which may have something to do with it also.)

I've also heard that whacking the BACK of the mag to seat the rounds as far back as possible, and hitting the floor plate to reseat the stack are both helpful in this regard.

Also is it possible you didn't push the larger mag in all the way, or that jamming it in too hard pushed the tip of the top bullet down behind the front edge of the magazine?

Just a couple ideas to check out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, your grip could be mis-aligning the 15 rd mag. One of the justifications for the mag spacers is that it holds it at the right angle. Otherwise you are just really miffed at one magazine, not the g27. Do you have a 22 or 23 to try the mag in?
I have 15 G22 mags, the 22 is our duty weapon, I love my 27 but today made me nervous, not with the issue mags but I guess i will only carry 9rd spares.

·
20,411 Posts
It is not a pistol problem. it is not a magazine problem. It's a case of operator applying rearward pressure to the exposed mag tube.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is not a pistol problem. it is not a magazine problem. It's a case of operator applying rearward pressure to the exposed mag tube.
Sorry, but I can't claim operater error in this case. I tried it with 8 different 15rd mags, applying NO pressure to the magazine, all mags were tapped when loading(I.E.bullets were seated properly) and the same issues arose,so alas in my case I found an area the mighty 27 has failed in. No need to try and diagnose my shooting or reload techniques, from this point forward I will not be carrying 15rd spares for the 27,9 will have to do:whistling:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Glock USA lists the G27 magazine capacity as , standard 9, optional 11/13/15/17. Dont see any grip extenders listed to keep the mags aligned, dont see any warnings or cautions about rearward pressure. I guess these larger mags are not as compatible as we were led to believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts