Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g19 now but was thinking about a 26 for ccw but i would have to trade my 19 to get the 26. Should i keep the 19 or get the 26.

·
Urban *******
2,361 Posts
I have a g19 now but was thinking about a 26 for ccw but i would have to trade my 19 to get the 26. Should i keep the 19 or get the 26.
I have both and use my 26 for CC. It just makes sense to me to use the smaller one. Have you been carrying your 19 and having problems with it?
The only difference will be that the handle sticks out a tiny bit farther. Basically the same gun (as you know).

I probably wouldn't trade if I already had a 19. Just wait until you can afford a second gun.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
My 26 is a easier to CCW especially driving and in some chairs, with that being said if your 19 is accurate and running smooth I wouldn't recommend getting rid of it, just save your money and get a 26. IMHO

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
I would prefer to carry the G26 (I carry a G27, same size) but I definitely wouldnt sell my G19 to get a G26. I would save up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I carry a G19 Gen 4 daily, in a Sparks Summer Special II.
It is only a little longer in the slide and in the grip if you use a mag with a grip extender you are at the same size.
I had a 26 and could never get comfortable with it. the G19 , don't even know that it is there.
it is not like carrying a :50cal: around :rofl:

Good luck, keep the G19

·
Banned
3,647 Posts
Although smaller, the G26 is almost the same size as the G19 if you add a third finger mag extension. I have both and carry my G26 but would advise you to stick with the G19 for now. It conceals almost as well as the G26.

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
You should go to the gun store and literally look at them side by side. You'll then see how much more comcealable the G26 is, no question. Save up and have both.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
i carried a 23 for two years and bought a 27. even though there doesn't look like much difference the 27 is much easier to carry. would i sell the 23 to get a 27, no. the 19 is a great gun and can conceal easy, save your pennies and buy the 26. after having both though i wouldn't be without either.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Personally a pair of G26s are the only handguns I have. It depends how desperate you are. If the G19 is really inadequate like its really uncomfortable then make the trade but I doubt that is the case since you are going to the G26 instead of some single stack. You are going to want a back up carry gun in case something happens to your primary if you carry all the time. It could break or something and a G19 would work for a G26. I'd save and keep my eyes open for a bargain.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Get the 26. you can't make the 19 smaller, but you can make the 26 bigger (by adding extensions for more capacity), so if concealed carry is what you want then the 26 is an easy choice.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Trade in everything and get the G31, G32 & G33...Hi Power is everything!!!!...You can conceal the G31 same as a G17, the G32 same as a G19 and the G33 same as a G26...Go for the power!!!!!

Keep on Glockin'

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a G26 and G23(19). I carry the G26 95% of the time. The G26 is better for CCW, but I wouldn't sell a G19 for a G26. If I could have only one Glock it would be the G19 size and I would just make do for CCW. The G19 is the best all around practical pistol out there. If you sell the G19 you will just end up getting another one later on. Save yourself the money and headache down the road. Sell something else or save up for the G26.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts