26 or 36?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by boominfocus66, Jan 28, 2010.

1. boominfocus66

boominfocus66

I'm sure you guys are tired of this same question,but I am going to ask anyway.

I need a baby glock for deep concealment in a smart carry for work. I already have a glock 21. So do I stick with the .45 and get the 36 or do I go for the 26, Due to size and price of ammo? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

2. Dave T

Dave T

Answer is simple...shoot both and buy the one you like the best.

Other people can't answer the question for you. It's your choice.l

Dave

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Dave T,...that's very good advice.
    Also the grip size/feel are VERY different between the 26 & 36

4. Glock.Man

Glock.Man

Why not the Glock 27 or 33?

5. boominfocus66

boominfocus66

I might like the 27 but ammo for the 33 might be a little hard to find. Sounds like I have to rent a few.

6. MonsterB

MonsterB

:wavey:the 26 is a great concealed carry gun, I have one that has been 100% reliable in over 2300+ rounds, and is smaller and lighter than the 30...it will be easier and lighter to conceal, and also not as wide as the 30 which is also important....that being said, the 30 is a great gun and I am definitely thinking about getting one as my second glock....check out Hickok45 on youtube, and watch his video called Austrian Models ( I think thats the name).. it will help u make your decision.

7. das9mm26

das9mm26

boom......
    As an owner of both the 26 and 36.....I can safely say I would trust EITHER one on my hip as an EDC......
    It happens I carry the 26 MOST of the time; my Crossbreed Supertuck was made for it....but more importantly....9MM ammo IS cheaper to practice with...and I feel a BIT more comfortable with the 26...
    BUT......the 36 really fits my small-but-long-fingered hands like latex gloves!!!
    Sweet-shootin' .45 sub-compact all around!!!
    Try 'em both.....use the one that fits you BEST!!
    Good Luck!

8. VA_Glocker

VA_Glocker

.... G26 is a better bet. Because 9mm ammo is cheaper than other calibers. Essentially means you can practice with your G26 a lot before putting it for CC duty.

I go by one mantra "CC the gun that you are very very familiar with".

Because getting known to your gun in an emergency situation.... is not the right place nor time.

Remember the more you practice and get known to your gun is better... it might be the weapon that may save yours or your loved one's life.

9. Zertek

Zertek

The answer is obvious - GET BOTH

10. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I own both, the 26 is my favorite.

11. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

I was in a similar situation. I had a 36 that I liked, and shot well with it. I just could not get over the fact that it was, for all intents and purposes, the exact size as my 23, with only seven rounds on board. I carry IWB, and the "thinness" of the 36 just never seemed a big deal to me. I got rid of it and got a 27 (same size as your possible 26). Well, I can only say I do not miss the 36. I can carry the 23 any time I wish, just as easily as I could the 36, and the 27 is just, for me, SO much easier to ccw. The grip is much less prone to "print" as the other frame sizes, and I shoot quite well with the 27. The recoil isn't a biggie to me with proper technique and a "crush" grip, and the 9mm rounds I prefer are quite "snappy" in a 26, and I only sacrificed one round vs. the 9mm gun, with fairly comparable recoil impulse and identical size.
    As for the 36, it was reliable, accurate, and ergonomic. I could not find fault with the mechanics or execution of the piece. Just with the comparison of the other platform I had, and the one I chose. I also like the fact that mags are interchangeable between my two primary ccw autos now.
    Sorry to interject the caliber stuff into it, I just wanted to show my line of reasoning in a similar and not identical matter. YMMV.:cool: NINE IS FINE.
    Good Luck, and be safe.

12. boominfocus66

boominfocus66

Headed to the gun store now will let u know what happens.

13. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

get the 26 and you will love it. I was all for one caliber but not really anymore. good luck. 10 rds of 124gr +p will get the job done nice.

14. Front Sight

Front Sight Front Sight

If your work calls for a firearm you want the G36 . That being said some people have had a problem since the slide is a little lighter you will need to practice with it, especially if your life depends on it.. I would look at the G38 or G39 also.

15. fowler

fowler

Forget the 26 and do not stop go right to the 19. The 36 and 19 are the same size and use same holsters. The 36 can be a problem child with not many shots on board. Go the 19 and have it all good ,grip,more firepower. All you need and nothing you don,t. The 9mm has more penatration on walls and cars. Plus with +P just as much stopping power.

16. tango44

tango44

G26 I don't think the G36 will be comfortable in a Smart Carry.

17. SlimlineGlock

SlimlineGlock

I KNOW the G36 isn't very comfortable in a smart carry.

18. 9lock

9lock Guest

If you want the 3rd Gen I would do it soon, I don't care for the 4th Gen changes, that is why got this 26 today, also I did hear last week of a alleged price increase in March, cannot confirm but would not suprise me since everything but wages has gone higher.
    [​IMG]

19. MonsterB

MonsterB

hmmmm the prices around here just dropped from around 520$ to around 480$ at a few places....

20. den888

den888

I have a G26 and love it. Super reliable and accurate too. Try them both out as the other posters have said and see which one you like.