close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

26 conversion to .40 S&W

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vox populi, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. vox populi

vox populi

Hello everyone, I am new to Glock Talk. I am looking for a new carry weapon and since I have a lot of .40 sitting around I was considering a 27. After reading about the muzzle flip problems with the 27 and and the lack of accuracy when shooting rapid fire, I decided to go with a 26. Currently I have a Kel-Tec PF9 for carry because I am only 5'6"" and it hides well on me. (Note: I live in south Fla.) However, I want a better quality weapon for carry purposes and I really like that there are a lot of after market products available for Glocks, not to mention their reliability. My primary home defense weapon is an FNH P40, which is deadly accurate and doesn't have a lot of muzzle flip because of its size. However, I cannot hide it on me - it is too big.
    My question is, can I convert a 26 to shoot .40S&W to blow off some of my .40 ammo? It looks like a .22 conversion kit is readily available, which I am sure I will invest in.
    Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks, VP

2. AcenJay

AcenJay

You can't convert the 9mm to fire .40, but you can convert the .40 Glocks to fire 9mm.

3. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

One of the beauties of the 27 is that it can fire .40, 9mm, and .357 SIG. Not with the 26 though. :(

DH

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Nope,...can't fit 5 pounds of sugar in a 3 pound bag.

5. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

Can't fit a .40S&W *** in 9mm pants.

6. Scott30

Scott30

You can use the same frame but will have to get a conversion barrel and a new slide. Not sure if you would need a locking lug or not. For a few more dollars than a conversion would cost, why not just get a new G27. You know having 2 Glocks is better than 1 anyway.