close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.25c trigger job - $20 fix

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by briang2ad, Aug 12, 2012.

1. briang2ad

briang2ad

So... My new G19 Gen 4 trigger was not so hot. Sometimes there was NO take up - just a crisp letoff, however, long. Then sometimes after a warmup, it would have a long somewhat hard takeup, and a nice short crisp letoff. My son'e 2 nines (G19 Gen 3, and a G26 Gen 4) have PERFECT triggers. Nice light takeup, then crisp letoff.

So, I thought I could smooth and lighten the take up with a .25 cent trigger job. I did the slide parts last week with a tad better takeup. Also 450 rounds helped a little, but I STILL had a 'variable trigger'. (Feels different depending on how you hold your mouth).

So I did the connector and trigger cruciform yesterday. Now, there is a hitch in the takekup, it gets HARD, then a semi-mushy letoff. BAD. So... I guess I'll order an OEM trigger bar from Glockmeister and NOT try any more trigger jobs. With luck, this bar will be decent.

(I'm 'unlucky' with triggers - if I pull a gun from a box, it WILL have 'variable' trigger.

2. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

I would almost assume you used a power tool and made some inadvertent burrs in the process. I would try a good hand polish on the same parts first.

Uneven/inconsistent pulls are not only due to burrs, but inconsistent work on the safety plunger as well (remember that this part rotates with use).

Sometimes, lastly, the striker spring and cups aren't aligned well, causing a distinct drag on the channel liner on the rearward pull, recheck how the spring and cups are seated.

3. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Just take the newly fixed gun and make sure you have no ammo in the gun and do a few evenings dry training with it.
    You will see that it will improve it just by itself!