Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor
5,788 Posts
What were you shooting and let's see a strong hand and two hand group.

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
You didn't say the range but good on you to keep sending slugs downrange.

I got a NM CCW permit as soon as they were offered. Their proficiency test is somewhat pathetic. A few shots at a piece of typewriter paper at about 3 yds!

A guy I knew who was later the president of the range I belonged to and who was a licensed CCW trainer told me he had a woman who couldn't hit the paper even after one on one training! Must have had a hell of a flinch, trigger jerk.

Lest someone thinking I'm taking a shot at female shooters, not hardly. There are lots of great female shooters out there. One national high power record was set at least 8 yrs ago by a petite female who was later in the Army Marksmanship Unit. Broke the sort of legendary J. David Tubbs record by several points. Met her at the SHOT Show years ago, very modest, was surprised that I knew who she was. Don

·
Millennium Number 1143
1,716 Posts
Awesome shooting
Please pics and gun specs?

·
Registered
5,770 Posts
Yet you felt the need to reply?
Yup. I’m going to hypothesize that this was a 9mm at closer distance. Not bench rested because you’re still hitting low left with a flier to the right.

So going to guess right hand slow fire at 10 yards (because of the low left shots).

Although with your need for attention it could be freestyle at 5 yards for all we know.

·
NRA Life Member
30,669 Posts
Anybody can punch holes in paper;

Let your artistic side out.

From this month's challenge.

:supergrin:

Gun Firearm Trigger Line Tan

·
NRA Life Member
30,669 Posts
Yup. I’m going to hypothesize that this was a 9mm at closer distance. Not bench rested because you’re still hitting low left with a flier to the right.

So going to guess right hand slow fire at 10 yards (because of the low left shots).

Although with your need for attention it could be freestyle at 5 yards for all we know.

good call

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I was an IPSC Competitor in the 1970s. I was sponsored by a Federal Ammo Distributor. I would never have been able shoot a group "Weak Hand" like that at 20 yards. :dunno:
Yep, started shooting IPSC in the early 80s in Arizona. I shot a 1911 built by Ed Brown himself. It was a piece of shlt.

I had to send it to Chuck Rodgers (Rogers Precision) to get it to run right. Used to shoot with a kid named Rob Leatham. He was pretty good.

Moved on to a Springfield Armory P9 when that was the craze. Hadn't shot a 1911 in years.

·
NRA Benefactor
5,873 Posts
Yep, started shooting IPSC in the early 80s in Arizona. I shot a 1911 built by Ed Brown himself. It was a piece of shlt.

I had to send it to Chuck Rodgers (Rogers Precision) to get it to run right. Used to shoot with a kid named Rob Leatham. He was pretty good.

Moved on to a Springfield Armory P9 when that was the craze. Hadn't shot a 1911 in years.
Sounds like you had a great experience. Did you shoot at Ben Avery? My last year was 1980. I shot at Ben Avery. My Old Series 70 Gold Cup served me very well.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I started with the Cactus Match League at the National Guard Armory on 44th and McDowell. Terry Allison was running it back then.

Then moved out to Rio for Tuesday night steel.

Remember Nelson Ford, the gunsmith?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts