.25 trigger job better than Zev

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by VoodooMountain, Oct 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

You can tune all your ignition parts bearing surfaces and forget to do the channel liner and spring cups. This, alone, can cause you to have stacking and a rough feel if your spring cups are binding in the channel liner. Remember the channel liner and cups already fit snug when not in the gun. Punching the channel liner in the slide obviously will tighten this 'snugness'. It's an area of a trigger polish often overlooked and is essential for the 'complete' trigger polish.

David Guillory and DirectDrive like this.
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

2 comments: 1, of you are trying to remove the feel of the trigger break, so you can smoothly pull the trigger all the way through for each shot, you are using the trigger wrong. 2, I have never seen a 90 degree sear face on a Glock trigger bar. Notice the angle. You have to keep that angle when polishing.
    [​IMG]

3. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

Yea, it's less than 90 degrees in that photo. Point was not to round that edge.

I don't know that not having a wall before the break is using the trigger wrong. Quite a few people want the trigger to break with no interference just the break. I don't believe not having the wall is what gets you in trouble, it's trying to get a 4.5lb trigger pull down to 3lbs.

eta - Corrected the 90 degree, bit, BTW.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  4. rfd339

rfd339 Silver Member

Not fluffing and buffing, gonna let it happen in time but I did install this on all my gen3 g27, both g23, my g35 has it already.

5. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

SO you are trying to get rid of the site bounce when dry firing, strengthen your hand grip strength and I it won't be an issue

glocker1 likes this.
  6. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Or just quit dry firing and go to the range

glocker1 likes this.
  7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Holding the trigger at the wall as you aim is how you shoot a Glock accurately. If your finger is moving through the full movement of the trigger, without holding at a break point, you cannot be as accurate, because it is the movement of your trigger finger and sympathetic movement of the other fingers on that hand that is about 90% of the reason for inaccuracy. It makes no difference how smooth the trigger is, because the problem is the movement of muscles in your hand, not hitches in the parts.

dg370 likes this.
  8. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

If the shooter can isolate his trigger finger from the rest of his hand, there is no additional sympathetic movement from pressing the trigger all the way through. If he can't isolate it, there will be sympathetic movement regardless.

It's easy enough to demonstrate this by dry firing each way at a blank wall and watching the sights. A competent shooter can press the trigger all the way through with no movement in the sights.

With a live gun, all shooters have an innate reaction to the discharge that originates in their subconscious. That is a completely different thing.

Obviously it's easier to operate a lighter, smoother trigger - especially with a light gun. If you can press the trigger straight back, the only reasons for the sights to move are your overall wobble and residual energy transmitted to the frame from excess triggering force.

If you can't press the trigger straight back, the delta from that will be added to all the other tolerances in your process.

9. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

Not entirely sure how the conversation turned to dry fire but the issue isn't with dry fire. As mentioned earlier I have no problem with most other triggers. There are a few triggers, like glock, that I find distracting.

It isn't an over the top problem but it an annoyance I have tried to fix for some time.

10. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Dry fire is mentioned in the first sentence of your original post:fred:

11. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

I should have been more clear. Dry fire was mentioned as a point of comparison. Then posts started popping up about sights jumping during fry fire.:dunno:

12. David Guillory

David Guillory

Word!

Anyone who can legally carry, should.

13. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

deleted

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  14. JBP55

JBP55

I prefer a rolling break with less wall.

harold63 likes this.
  15. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

sorry...another delete.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  16. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I'll use this next time when trying to read your posts 900.jpg