close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

$.25 ok for gssf????

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by elfjr, Dec 9, 2003.

1. elfjr

elfjr

Would doing a .25 trigger job (the trigger parts polishing) on you glock disqualify you from entering the Amature Civilian, or the Stockmeister catagories?(I looked on the gssf site, but I didn't see anything about polishing, besides slides and barrels.) I would like to know for sure before I go to a gssf match without the prober parts in my glock.:) Thanks in advance for your help.:) ;c ;c

2. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

No, provided you don't swap out any parts. ( For example, changing the GOLCK connector for a Scherer . . . )

Be sure you know what you are doing, when polishing. Test it before going to the match. Etc . . .

3. Rag Flyer

Rag Flyer

I looked under the "Definition of Amateur" title and found this as one of the standards of shooting in the Amateur class:

***Firearms used in all "Amateur" categories must be in "stock" condition.

They mention keeping a "level playing field" several times throughout the Glock Report, so my opinion is that trigger work would put you into the Unlimited catagory.

By the way...Are you talking about a .25 (quarter pound) trigger pull???? If so, let me send you my trigger for my unlimited gun!!
    Take Care

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Polishing the stock parts is fully legal.

5. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

It is kind of like how the gun would wear in after shooting many rounds through it.

6. elfjr

elfjr

No not .25 lbs, $0.25 as in cheap trigger job, just polishing the contacts points.

7. elfjr

elfjr

I already did the polish job and it went well everyting is still fully functional (hand polished, not dremmeled.):)

Thaks for the feed back all.;c ;c

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Should be fine. Then again nobody has ever checked my gun at match. I have wondered if I couldn't shoot a Sigma (if I had one in 9mm) without anyone noticing. :) :)
    I have seen armorer take out parts of people who are having trouble and replacing them with stock. Often with few (polite) comments about comprimising safety.

9. jessebo

jessebo glockenator

so, would putting a glock 3.5 connector into a 17 still be considered stock class? I've been considering doing this to mine, and am planning on shooting in amature civilian class in Indianapolis in june, but wanted to clarify before I made any changes.

10. jm_usmc

jm_usmc Two eagles

If the part comes from Glock it is acceptable unless specifically stated otherwise.

11. GJM89

GJM89

Polishing parts, 3.5 GLOCK Connector , and a change of sights as long as they are post and notch still keeps you in Amatuer class. Why would you even mention a Smegma on this thread.;L ;L ;L ;) ;) ;)

12. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Bingo! You can polish the feedramp too, if you want to get into it that far.
    (BTW, thanks Matt on the OUTSTANDING turnaround, although my wife says the slightly better practice times are 'cause of the snazzy CGR shirt...) ;i