close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

23 Conversion to 9mm and a couple other ?'s

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wpsharpshooter, Sep 11, 2017.

1. wpsharpshooter

wpsharpshooter

Just picked up a slightly used 23 for 250. Figured I couldnt go wrong with the price. How ever I dont shoot 40. I want to convert this into a 19. Do I need to change out the locking block and extractor, Or can I just swap the barrel out and call it a day? Ive looked at the conversion barrels from blacklist and after I saw how the coating performed on just 7 rounds out of my brothers 43 I dont think I want one. Who else makes barrels? Im also looking to do an RMR and some stippling. Any recommendations on stippling? Im pretty set on having Loki Tactical do the slide work. Their stuff looks great. Thanks for the responses.

2. sig357fan

sig357fan

I have a Gen 4 23 and recently bought a Storm Lake 40 to 9mm con version barrel for it off ebay.

only a few hundred cast bullet reloads but it ran flawlessly with only the barrel swap and 9mm mags.

there are several aftermarket barrels available, just do a Google search, if I were to convert my G23 to full time 9mm, I would change out the extractor and the ejector, but I carry in 40 and practice in 9mm so I'll leave it stock and just change barrel and mags when at the range.

sig357fan

Dcc65, Quade and dudel like this.

3. dudel

dudel

I got a LW barrel for G19, and added some Magpul 9mm mags, and good to go. Hasn't skipped a beat in over 500 rounds. Also added a LW 357Sig barrel (used the .40 mags). Good to go.

No changes to the locking block, extractor, or ejector. It just runs. It's a fun range gun. I don't carry it for SD (I already have a G19); but I wouldn't hesitate.

4. wpsharpshooter

wpsharpshooter

Let me just say that I will not be carrying this guy, It is strictly a range toy. I have a little 43 that I tote everywhere. No need to replace her. Basically I want to trick this gun up and blast steel and I dont want to change up the caliber because everything else I have is 9mm. Even my AR's

5. Mtnfolk75

Mtnfolk75 Old Fat Fart ..

My son has my Gen3 OD G32, it hurt my hands and wrist too much so I traded it to him. After about a 1k rounds he put a Storm Lake conversion barrel and has shot nothing but 9mm for the last 1k with no FTF or FTE. He has not changed anything but the barrel & magazines.

SRT Shaft, Dcc65 and Quade like this.
  6. MikeG36

MikeG36

I have a G23 with an LWD 40 to 9 conversion barrel. I added in some G19 mags and so far so good. I did this many years ago before buying my G19 so once I picked up my 19 I stopped shooting the conversion.

7. hannstv

hannstv

I ended up without a 9mm Glock so I ordered an Alpha Wolf 40-9 barrel for one of my Glock 23. Took it to the range last Thur and ran 150, 124 gn Blazer Brass and 50 rounds of Federal HST 124 gn +p. I did use G 19 mags but there was never a bobble. I took a Browning HP that I had just had a trigger job done on and I was just as accurate with the conversion G 23 as I was with the HP. A couple of more range trips and this will be my full time 9mm Glock.

8. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I have an Alpha Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my Gen 4 G35. I actually ran some tests where I swappped all the various bits 9mm TMH/Ejector, 9mm Extractors (both LCI and non-LCI), 9mm RSA, 9mm SLBs (both LCI and non-LCI), etc.

The gun runs best with only the G34 (9mm) RSA and the conversion barrel. It even prefers the G35/G22 (40S&W) magazines, giving a little cleaner extraction/ejection.

9. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I have a Gen 3 G23 and run a KKM 40-to-9 conversion barrel in it with no other changes to the gun except a lone wolf standard weight recoil spring assembly with a stainless guide rod and it is accurate and functions flawlessly. I also have a 357 Sig barrel for it and use G23 mag for 40 and 357 and G19, G17, and 33 round mags for 9mm.

10. rds95991

rds95991

You need to get a 9mm conversion barrel for the 23 and some 9mm magazines. I'm waiting to try out the new KKM conversion barrel I just got.

11. China boy

China boy

I bought a conversion barrel and never use it. My G23 was my first gun and only 40. I don't shoot enough to save money buying 9 over 40 and I also love shooting variety. Want to buy a conversion barrel? haha. I actually can't bring myself to sell it but I probably should.

12. wpsharpshooter

wpsharpshooter

What kind of barrel is it?

13. Pranqster

Pranqster

I'm thinking about it too, but I'd like to know if there is a point of impact difference with the conversion? would I need to get an adjustable sight?

14. Trebore

Trebore

The conversion barrel is the way to go for the three different calibers the G23 is capable of. For convenience I added adjustable night sights but that could have been "gilding the lily". 9mm does require a 9mm mag, the .40 and .357 sig do not. However, I have blue base plates on my dedicated .357 Sig mags. I Also use the comparable (caliber specific) full size mags with X-grips for added capacity on the range. Trigger housing swap (for 9mm) will be needed if you want to run a longer 9mm slide and barrel.

15. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I have Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrels for Gen 3 23 & 27 and a Gen 4 22. With barrel and mag changes, only, they all run flawlessly. I fired a box of +P 9mm thru the new barrels, as LW recommends and have not had any issues. LW is usually the cheapest choice in conversion barrels and should be good enough for the range. If you're not in a hurry, used barrels can be found in the GT classifieds.
    I also added Glock OEM barrels and mags for 357SIG, to each and that setup had been flawless, as well.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

16. nraman

nraman

I have a G22 frame with a G17 slide assy. An ejector and magazine change makes it a genuine G17.
    In my case, I found that using the 9mm ejector works fine for the 40.
    It takes a couple of seconds to swap a magazine and the slide assy to go from one caliber to the other while staying within the factory specs for both.

17. FS164

FS164

I have a Wheaton Arms 40 to 9 conversion barrel. Tight lock up, and have fired 500 rounds through it with no problems. It just drops in. When I put the slide back on, i have to pull up on the two tabs used to remove the slide. I emailed Wheaton and they explained that is normal due to the tighter lock up. Great quality and finish. Little more expensive than others but even The Glock store rep at a gun show said Wheaton Arms is high quality!

18. onespeedbiker

onespeedbiker

I have a G32, and while I'd rather shoot 357 sig, my wife prefers 9mm. I have several other 9mm pistols, but she prefers the Glock with a 9mm LW conversion barrel. As others have said, just drop it in, grab some 9mm mags and go! Shoots great.

dudel likes this.
  19. Hector Velez

Hector Velez

I have a 23gen4 with the LW 40-9 conversion, g19 mags with over 1000 rounds thru it no issues. On a side comment, I haven't clean it ever since new and it has between .40 and 9mm well over 2,500 rounds fired. And keep counting. Now that's a Glock...

20. G2330

G2330

I bought the Lone Wolf bbl for mine and, if you don't mind the stainless steel look and their logo, it's fine. Playing around with merely swapping out the barrel on my G23 and using a magazine from a G19, the gun functioned just fine. I read - and then tried - that you can load up the G23 mags with 9mm and the gun will function just fine. It did. All that said, I'm a belt and suspenders guy so if I intend to carry the converted G23 as a G19, it will be as close to a G19 as I can make it. I have purchased a complete set of parts to convert the G23 to a G19 including extractor, spring, ejector and magazines. I now have ~ 800 rounds of mixed ammo through the G23 dressed as a G19 and it functions perfectly. I'd bet my life on it!;)

dudel and DHart like this.