22LR Conversion for a 4th Gen G17?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jchadscud, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jchadscud

jchadscud

First time to post, but been lurking (learning...) for awhile.

I'm looking to get a 22LR Conversion kit for my 4th Gen G17. My basic pistol course instructor referred me to Advantage Arms, but it looks like they are backordered for quite some time. I found a barrel at Lone Wolf, but it doesn't have the other required parts.

Can you piece together a kit or should I just get on the waiting list for the Advantage Arms kit?

2. ChristopherBurg

ChristopherBurg

I'd advise getting on the Advantage Arms waiting list. I have one of their .22 conversion kits for my 30SF and it's a wonderful piece of equipment.

The main things I like about it are the fact it's easy to install (Remove the Glock slide and put on the Advantage Arms slide), everything about the gun operates the same as it did before sliding on the kit, and the slide locks back on an empty magazine (Some kits don't do this). Oh yeah and it will take any sights made for Glock pistols and comes with standard Glock adjustable sights.

It's pretty reliable except when the temperature falls below zero. At that point the conversion kit starts jamming constantly. Of course all the conversion kits work on a wing and a prayer and you'll note similar issues with any of them.

3. Taz

Taz

I would get on the AA waiting list, but call them first to see if their kit works with the Gen4 frames. Since then new frame and slide design are not backwards compatible the conversion kits may have issues as well. If all else fails you could just get a stand alone 22 and use that as your trainer.

4. dubels

dubels

Advantage Arms kits are bomb, and if AA says their kits work with the Gen 4 you can find them on here in the wanted section.

5. desert gator

desert gator Glockaholic

I have already confirmed with AA that yes the kits work with Gen4. My AA kit on my G19 is my favorite gun to shoot.

6. jchadscud

jchadscud

Thanks for the responses. As desert gator mentioned, AA confirms via the FAQ section on their website that the kits are compatible with the 4th Gen Glocks. I was happy to find confirmation from the source though.

AA appears to have changed their order policy where some kits (including the one I need) must be ordered through a dealer. Their dealer network seems pretty sparse, so now I am on the hunt for an online dealer that I can place an order with.

Any leads would be appreciated!

7. pcar

pcar

8. jchadscud

jchadscud

Called Dave earlier when I found a thread with his number listed. They are currently out of the 17 kit and have no idea when to expect any additional shipments.