Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to buy Magpul sights the other day for my AR type Extar 9mm pistol. I noticed a sentence about they might not work on a 9mm. Anyone know how much difference it would make say at 25 yards to zero? If it would not be worth it what sights would be best for 9mm AR pistol?

I already have a red dot for it so just interested in plain sights.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Hardluk1 is saying there is a point where you cannot adjust for a longer range zero. The front sight post goes up or down only so much till it reaches a limit. The bullet drop of the 9 MM is very significant at 200 yards.
A 25 yard zero seems a good choice and those Magpul's will likely maintain the zero.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK I bought the Magpuls today. The front sight went on fine no problem. The rear sight does not fit on the rail. Do you have to force it? I was told the Extar has a Picatiny rail. Are they not standard?

Months ago I bought a cheap pair and the same thing. Front sight goes on fine. Rear sight does not open enough to fit on the rail.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
OK I bought the Magpuls today. The front sight went on fine no problem. The rear sight does not fit on the rail. Do you have to force it? I was told the Extar has a Picatiny rail. Are they not standard?

Months ago I bought a cheap pair and the same thing. Front sight goes on fine. Rear sight does not open enough to fit on the rail.
Not certain of the problem, but the jaws do not open as wide as the rail, you have to put one side on first with sights angled to one side, then keep that first side snugged in and the other side will now be wide enough to be pushed down, then tighten.

Hope that is the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts