22 Round Glock 40 cal Mag Holder

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TSNOD, Feb 19, 2017.

1. TSNOD

TSNOD

Hello,

I've been searching in vain for something my husband has mentioned wanting, and was hoping to find some help here to find it. Every magazine holder for 22 round magazines that I have found tend to be "one size fits all" and do not have a deeper well for larger capacity magazines. He is a police officer and with movement and weight of the additional rounds feels a deeper well would prevent accidental loss of the magazine and/or awkwardness. He wanted a Kydex attachment to his thigh rig with a deep well so that the magazine would not stick out as far above the magazine holder.

Does anyone know of a manufactuer or custom shop that make this type of magazine holder? Thanks in advance for bearing with my lack of knowledge on the subject, if I'm not mentioning any specifics that are helpful please let me know.

2. collim1

collim1 5ft of fury. The champ is back!

You need to be looking for a sub machine gun magazine pouch. Shouldn't be too difficult to find, there are plenty of options out there.

3. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

These are listed as MP 5 magazine pouches however they are what I use for my G 22 22 round magazines and G 18 33 rounders,they come in OD green and of course black.
    They are adjustable for different length magazines,perhaps they may work for his purpose. SJ 40

http://www.tacgear.com/condor-mp5-mag-pouch/

4. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Nice of you to be researching a gift for your husband!

5. cbird77

cbird77

6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

I have one and it's a dandy solution for transporting magazine to and from the range,it lacks adjustability for 22 round magazines,great for G 18 30 round magazines.
    To utilize for 22 round magazines one has to use a block of some kind and push to bottom of pouch to keep magazine easy to reach and withdraw fo use. SJ 40

7. TSNOD

TSNOD

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info and links! You guys are awesome!
    I've looked through them and while helpful, aren't quite what I'm looking for. My understanding is that he's looking to carry this on duty and wanted the kydex for uniformity with the rest of his gear and durability, and the depth to reduce the chance of slippage or getting in the way during activities that require a lot of motion. His thought was to have it as an attachment forward of the part that holds his weapon so that he can readily reload. I told him if no one makes these we ought to design one and patent it. The proceeds could go to his gear addiction, haha.

8. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

You may check with this company.

http://www.comp-tac.com/magazine-pouches/

There also may be a local to you manufacturer/Kydex craftsman to make him just what he would like that will match his duty rig,good luck to you both. SJ 40

9. BL_1

BL_1

That was going to be my suggestion, a company called http://www.furycarrysolutions.com used to do custom kydex products but have gotten pretty busy lately so they've shut down the custom operation and are only selling stock products online ... but you can definitely find other companies out there doing the same thing. If I come across one I'll be sure to post here.