close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.22 conversion or different gun

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SoonerSoftail, Feb 15, 2010.

1. SoonerSoftail

SoonerSoftail Go Sooners!

My wife is a wimp. She hates the recoil of my G26. But, she wants to shoot when I go to the range and I want her to also. She has no desire for self defense so learning to shoot a larger caliber is not an issue, just something she will range shoot. So, should I get a .22 conversion for the G26 or buy a Ruger or Browning or S&W .22 pistol?

2. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Either would be fine for her. If she likes the way the G26 feels, than the .22 conversion would be fine. What would you shoot at the range though!?!?! If you buy her a pistol, she'll have one she can shoot herself, customize to her liking, etc.

3. bowcop22

bowcop22 BMW Bikes ROCK!

The Walther P22 would be an awesome choice for her...and that gun has MANY options...and it does not cost an arm and a leg..

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i bought a pair of Ruger Mk IIIs. it made more sense to me than a .22 top end for a glock.

5. bambikilr

bambikilr

Walther P22, Ruger III, maybe even a Ruger Single Six with WMR option...who knows, she might come around & 22 mag is better than nothing, plus everyone should have one....good luck

6. G26ster

G26ster

I have both a Walther P22 and a G26 AA conversion kit. Bought the P22 because it was rediculously hard to get the AA kit. I found one new a short time later though. Worked out fine in any case, as now my wife can shoot the P22 along with me and my Glock. I LOVE the $0.2.5 it costs per round too :supergrin: The P22 is a fine gun. i even put a $19 laser on it :wow:

7. ronin.45

ronin.45

I like having a seperate gun. I shoot my Mark II's for rimfire practice and have no trouble translating the basics to other guns.

8. vafish

vafish

I love my AA conversion kit for the G19.

But the main advantage of the conversion kit is to get trigger time with your defensive handgun at a lower price.

Since your wife has no interest in a self defense pistol.

I think in your case another .22 Pistol would be a better option.

9. DANDYKILL47

DANDYKILL47

I also like having a seperate gun. I've heard a lot about reliability issues with the Walther (and SIG too, for that matter) << disclaimer:I have no actual experiance with either, this is just what I heard! I do have a Ruger mkiii though, and I LOVE it. As long as I keep it clean, it doesn't have any issues.