.22 Conversion kits for Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by oscarwar, May 14, 2007.

1. oscarwar

oscarwar Guest

Would you knowledgeable folks out there please tell me which .22 conv. kits are the best ones for Glocks? By best, I mean reliable & accurate. Also, how much, and where to get them. Are any available for the G34, or just the shorter Glocks? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.:)

2. jbirds1210

jbirds1210 Willwork4ammo

Advantage Arms makes good stuff. I have never seen one specifically for a Glock 34, but the 17/22 kit should fit your frame.

If you want the freedom of switching your sights..you need the LE version.

I bought one used a few months ago and love it....everyone at the time had them backordered. Good luck.
    Jason

3. GlockRik

GlockRik

I have 2 Advantag Arms kits. A G26 and a G34. Just put 100 rounds through the G34 today with 1 failure to extract. Put 180 rounds through the G26 on Friday with no failures of any kind. I would not even consider any other brand. I have run 50 mags (500 rounds) without cleaning and it was still running. This is with cheap Golden Bullets from wally world. You will get some fail to ignite with the cheap ammo, but not the fault of the AA kit.

I bought mine from Advantage arms. Someone on EBay has them listed for $239.
    Edit to add: The 17 kit is for the 34 also. Same length as the 17.
    Best,
    Rik

4. Glockguy

Glockguy

I have the Advantage Arms conversion for the 19,23 and 32. Mine functions flawlessly and has a high degree of accuracy. Advantage Arms makes a fine system.

5. vafish

vafish

I have an AA kit for my G19.

Love it.

It loves the cheap Remington Golden Bullets from Wally World.

Ciener also makes a .22 LR conversion kit. It's cheaper than the AA kit, they have 15 round magazines available, but it doesn't hold open after the last shot. But If you do some searches they don't have the best reputation for customer service.

6. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

The Advantage Arms site sounds makes it sound like you can use the Ciener kit with their slide stop and get the last round lock open feature. Anybody able to verify that?

7. JimmyN

JimmyN

The AA conversion kit doesn't come with a slide stop lever. Nothing is replaced on the frame you just swap the slides to convert back and forth, takes about 30 seconds. The AA mags utilize the standard slide stop lever to hold the slide back after the last round.
    Possibly the AA mags could be used with the Ciener conversion to lift the slide stop and lock the slide back? I kinda doubt that would work though.

8. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

I think I might have been half asleep this morning and reading from the 1911 page. :rollingeyes: