close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

22 conversion kits for Glock 30: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kn38ms, Jan 12, 2006.

1. kn38ms

kn38ms Glockaholic

I was thinking about converting the 30 to 22
    for training purposes @ the range.
    Good idea or get an old Ruger.
    Top Glock's kit is around $250.

2. 45+

45+ "Senior" Member

I would like to hear some opinions on this as well.

Good shootin'....

3. kn38ms

kn38ms Glockaholic

On paper its sounds like good idea.
    I'm just wondering if the kit is junk.
    Why practice with a weapon you will never carry.

4. AZG30guy

AZG30guy

I've had my G30 for about three years. I picked up an AA conversion about a year and a half ago.

What I do when I go to the range is shoot about 50-100 rounds of 22lr and focus on beathing and the mechanics of my trigger pull and switch to the 45 slide and shoot 45's for the rest of my stay. I adjust for the recoil that doesn't exist while shooting the 22's

I have noticed my groupings have tightened up quite a bit.I shoot at 7yds and can now keep the groupings from 2" to 2.5". Of course when I first started, three years ago, I was all over the place at 5yds. I've been trying to keep my range schedule to once a week but occasionaly I'll miss a week here and there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm improving just by shooting more, with the same grip and trigger, and focusing on technique. If you are not on any sort of shooting budget I would just spend my money on ammo. But if you want to take advantage shooting some cheap ammo the conversion is ok.

BTW the AA conversion I have does misfeed and is particular to ammo type and must be really clean to function well.

Hope this helps

5. Tc300mag1

Tc300mag1

I dont have one for the G30 but have one for my G17 and love it wish i would have bought it long time ago

6. kn38ms

kn38ms Glockaholic

I read on another board that you must keep the AA kit spotless to function well. The kit is $250. I can get 1000+ rounds of 45 acp for that price. If the AA does not function flawlessly there is no cost savings. Thanks for the help.

7. Fenwick223

Fenwick223

Yes you can get 1K rounds for $250 but I would shoot through those rounds in 3 or 4 trips to the range and have nothing but a pile of empty brass. The AA kit doesn't need to be kept any cleaner or more lubricated than any other .22 - it just needs the right ammo. Mine and all others I have seen shoot great with Remington Golden Bullets (high velocity, solid points). These are not the bulk packs that you buy at Wally World (those are hollow points). You can find the bricks of Golden Bullets at local gun stores or gun shows and they run around $15-16 a brick. For $30 you get a thousand rounds. Shoot those and you've basically paid for the AA .22 conversion kit.

8. syd55

syd55

I have on for my g29.I use cci mini mag it works well.The only negitive things are the mags are cruddy they work but the way they are made leave something to be desired. And loading 10rds of 22lr some times takes me longer than 10rd of 10mm ;Q.