close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.22 Bolt action Single shot rifle/s

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by zoyter2, Mar 28, 2006.

1. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

All, During the summer and fall, I am going to be instructing a free beginner firearms safety course for various groups and organizations. I am pretty much going to have to foot the bill for all training aids, materials, ammo, and any firearms.

If any of you have a .22 Bolt gun, single shot you are willing to sell cheap, please give me a shout.

I will have to have about 5 or 6 of these, and since there will be no profit from the courses, I hope to find some rough old guns that need refinishing and reblueing, pretty reasonably. I would like to keep the cost low, but am willing to pay more if you have a Winchester, Remington, or rifle of that sort.

2. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

3. noway

noway

try rimfirecentral.com. Doubt you get any cheap but you can try. You can also try your local NRA chapter for help also.

4. gigman

gigman

You might want to try the Civilian Marksmanship Program ($225/rifle) or walmart ($92, but semiautomatic). Not quite sure if that will work for beginners though.

5. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Good ideas all, but I have to keep it super cheap. I need about 6 of these, and with the other training aids I will have to buy, $225 is a good deal on what CMP is offering, but I gotta get CHEAP. These will be underpriv. kids....no help from mom and dad!

I picked up a Stevens SS for $35 today, needs mucho wood and blueing work, but thats free!:cool:

Thanks for the ideas guys.

6. Emmet F

Emmet F

Another place you could try is a few local pawn shops in your area. Most, if not all, will have at least a handful of older Marlin or Savage-Stevens single-shots for pretty cheap. I have a local shop with at least six or seven single-shot .22's with a price tag of no more than $75.00 per. Since its a pawnshop, everything is VERY negotiable. Should be able to get out of there with an example for less than $50.00. Hell, they gave some poor guy less than $10.00 for it anyway!

I'm partial to the older Marlin M-100 single-shot .22. You can also find the same thing sold thru Western Auto as the "Revelation" brand or thru Sears and Roebuck as a "J.C. Higgins". They're all the same rifle, just slight variations in the wood or fittings. Load a single round and hand-cock (pull) the striker. Very safe. And they usually have a nice triggerpull. Good luck.

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Sent an email. Didn't get a reply.

8. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Sorry TJC...you got one now! :cool: