21SF with a certificate?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KY23, Sep 4, 2007.

1. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Does anyone know the additional cost to purchase a Glock 21SF with a GSSF certificate? Do you think they will even take a certificate for a 21SF since the demand is high now?

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

They will absolutely take your cert for a 21SF. There will be a letter along with it explaining the procedures and what the particular "up charge" is involved for the "non-standard" models such as larger frames, long-slides, etc., and any options you want. OK, all you routine winners of firearm certs, what's the latest dinero on a 21SF?

Contact GSSF to see also about how soon they're going to have an OD-frame version in case that interests you.

For your 21SF give some thought to whether you want the 1913-MILSTD rail or the standard Glock Rail (GR) - they are both available. While the former has the "cool" factor, the latter is likely easier to find a standard fitting holster for. Great choice; the one I shot is extremely accurate out of the box, even in my hands.

I still haven't figured out what I'd need a Picatinny rail for... but it does represent something historical in that it was a submission gun at one time for a US military solicitation, trials which the original Glock 17 arrived too late for.
    ;)

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

:patriot:

3. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

I do want the standard Glock rail and not the 1913. The other option that I'm hoping they will have is the standard mag release and not the ambidextrous version.

I'm right handed and I've heard of some holster issues with the ambidextrous model.

OD green would be a cool option as all my other glocks are black. I'm waiting for the certificates now but they should be here within a couple months I would think.

Thanks for the info.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Upgrade price for the G21sF is the same as the older G21. It took me about 2 months to get mine.

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

The cert won't take that long to get there. They are VERY fast lately, once finals are published. The gun could be another matter but certainly worth the wait. Was shooting the breeze with Butch other day & believe they are going to make the standard mag release available as well; don't know how long that's going to take, as it's a different setup inside the magwell IIRC.

:patriot:

Don, how much was your 21 cost? (I know we'd already gotten rid of the .38 Long Colt as the standard sidearm by then...)
    :animlol:
    (just kidding amigo - 'course you're REALLY retired while I'm now just 'eligible')

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Eggzackley $51.00 plus tax.:thumbsup: I heard the same thing about being able to choose style of mag release soon but don't know how soon. When I ordered mine I had to request either the standard Glock Rail or the other one.

Hang in there old buddy you will get to retire soon. :supergrin: :thumbsup: :tongueout: :wavey:

7. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Well I very well may just get the standard 21. Its got everything I want and my hands are big enough and its grip feels great. I'm also going to get a 30 so the grip angle would match.

Thanks for the info guys.

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Thanks sir! Yep, countdown clock made it to zero (and duly handed to my boss) so am fully eligible, but pending contracting-out decision on our activity. Will I wait to see if there's a buyout this winter? You BETCHA!
    :thumbsup:

9. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Upgrade fee on a G-21 or G-21 SF is $51 + tax if you live in one of about 28 or 30 states where Glock is required to collect the tax. The affected states are listed on the prize voucher.

That is just tax on the $51, not on any wholesale or retail amount, so even if you are in a high-tax state like Kalifornicatia it will only be about $4, max.

If you are going to order a -21 SF and have an older award form that does not ask the questions in one form or another, "write in" whether you want the Pic-rail or Glock-rail version AND whether you want the Ambi- or "standard" left side only mag release button.

No information as to if or when any OD model -21SFs will be available. You can ask for it, but they will probably just send you a black one anyway rather than put you into an indefinite backorder que.

:)

10. Greg F.

Greg F.

Is the pictinny(1913) rail the one that has several grooves in it or the one that just has one grove towards the middle?

11. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

The Pic-rail has several grooves, the Glock rail just one.

The Pic-rail is also bulkier. That is one reason why exising G-21 holsters won't fit it.

12. Greg F.

Greg F.

Thanks Norske for clearing that up for me.

13. TOULME

TOULME Guest

When I ordered my Glock 21 SF from the certificate, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from Glock asking me what style of SF I wanted. They had available for shipment the regular righthanded magazine release and regular Glock rail for shipment. I received my Glock 21 SF in three weeks, this was just a week ago so their inventories must be pretty good at this time.

14. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Just to put a final answer to this thread.

I received two Glock certificates in the mail today...so I'm going to order a Glock 30 and a Glock 21 SF.

Its $51 and the certificate for the 21SF. You can order it with an olive frame, you can order it with the Glock or Picatinny rail

Here are the possible options you have:

Picatinny rail or Glock Rail
    Olive or Black Frame
    Ambidextrous or Standard magazine release

I'm going to order the 21SF with the Glock rail, Olive Frame and standard magazine release.

15. G-Frog

G-Frog

A friend of mine won a cert. at the Indianapolis match and decided to go for a G-21SF with G-rail & standard mag release. He said it cost $54.00 all together. He got his G-21SF with G-rail and standard mag release in about 3-4weeks.

16. SCC

SCC just me

this is what you'll see

17. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Don't be surprised if it comes in a black frame. So far as I have heard, the SF is not yet available in OD. :sad:

18. cougar_guy04

cougar_guy04 Guest

[hijack]How is the availability of OD 34's? Just curious since that's what I was ordering with my certificate.[/hijack]