close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

21SF recoil rod very loose...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocked and Loaded, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Glocked and Loaded

Glocked and Loaded

When I take the slide off the recoil rod/Spring is very loose and often just falls off. When its on and in the gun it sits fine and the gun fires properly. I shot 30 rounds flawlessly so far.
    Its a 21SF RTF2.

Is that normal? It will sit in the higher seated area of the barrel but when it clicks onto the frame it lowers to the lower one and that's why it becomes loose.

Is the spring just a tad bit too short?

I do not have a camera to post pics.

Also are blue label Glocks lubricated better at the factory?
    This Glock was extremely well lubricated. It had the copper grease all the way down both rails and I couldn't even wipe it all out when cleaning it. On my new 26 and 22 that I had it came out very easily and was no where near as well lubricated from the factory.:dunno:

2. Firecop203

Firecop203

Mine fits the same way. I was wondering about that myself and haven't found any answer.

3. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

I replaced mine with a stainless steel Lightning Strike captured guide rod. It fits better than the stock one did. And will NEVER break.

4. cbsaf

cbsaf

My 3rd gen G21SF does the same thing. I took it back to the gunstore and compared it to a regular G21. The slide sits higher off the front of the frame on the SF model. If the recoil rod seats in the frame then it will only lock back onto the barrel lip during disassembly if the barrel is low enough.

The front rails on the G21SF models are very slightly higher out of the polymer than a standard G21. It doesn't appear to be designed that way but I guess that is how the SF molds are made.

5. 2nd2none

2nd2none

It's normal there is an assembly position for when you put the gun together it fits snug in the half moon spot and and an operating position where the recoil spring sits when the gun is fired which is the other lip where it sits when you take it apart.

6. SCC

SCC just me

100% right ... it is fine
    ( assembly position )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry about the last pic dam web cam pic
    this is where the spring will sit when you
    rack the slide in this spot in the frame here
    [​IMG]

7. Cineski

Cineski

Soooooooo funny. Was thinking of posting this exact dilemma as my new G20 suffers from this. Good to know it's normal. There is a small platform in the frame that sits on the bottom end of the guide rod to hold it in place.

8. Glocked and Loaded

Glocked and Loaded

Thanks for your responses. Its good to know its normal.