close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

21SF Questions? Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tacomatrd, Jan 1, 2010.

1. tacomatrd

tacomatrd

I was thinking of getting a S&W M&P 9 or a G17 and then I shot a 21SF with the picatinny rail and ambi mag release. I loved it and have a few questions.

1. Is it available with the Glock rail instead of the picatinny rail?

2. Are there any problems with the ambi-mag release?

3. I thought that I read there were problems with the internals rubbing or binding up?

4. Is it worth waiting for the 4th generation G21 to have the newest generation or will the 4th gen basically all be SF's with the adjustable backstraps?

I would love any and all feedback with these questions and any other problems or advantages to this Glock!

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

1. Yes.
    2. Not really, except for extended shooting my right hand gets minor bruising.
    3. Don't know - my just runs.
    4. SF is about the smallest a 45ACP will get.

'Drew

3. maginboo

maginboo

Great choice, I love mine. Stay away from the ambi release. I had an ambi release it was terrible, I had Glock switch out the frame to a non-ambi. Serial doesn't match anymore but its better than the ambi. Ambi was impossible to push in when you had a full mag in the gun and sometimes got stuck in the release position, had to push it from the opposite side. Glock is now going with a reversible release instead of an ambi on Gen4s if that tells you anything.

Other than that no problems.

4. Cartouche

Cartouche

Yes. No, No, up to you. If the current SF fits your hand get one. To address the ambi mag release. It is stiff to press but not a problem. I would rather it be stiff than so weak it is able to be bumped and release the mag. I have trained with mine and actually like the mag release on the right side. Allows me to reload a bit quicker. I have put several thousand rounds thru it with NO malfs at all. Only problem is it runs out of ammo to often. I like the .45 platform from Glock so much I bought the little bro G30.

5. g2122

g2122

Mine has never given me problems. I have 4 magazines for it. On one of the mags when fully loaded, it will stick, but it goes back to center when I insert a fresh magazine. If the magazines are filled less than capacity, no problem.. I usually push up on the base of the magazine when unloading a full magazine. As far as shooting, very accurate and no problems. I enjoy shooting it more than my 22 or 23.