close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

21SF ambi mag release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cciman, Jun 1, 2010.

1. cciman

cciman

New G21 SF

ambi mag release button

Using new OE Glock supplied hicap mags

when actuating on a full loaded mag (when dropping a full mag), the button overextends, and sticks in the open position. Must push back the button to zero position, or it will not catch the next inserted mag. Happens in both directions.

Seems to improve as mag empties, at -3 rounds it starts to go away. -4/-5 symptom gone.

Do I need to send this back? Can I fix this myself?

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

This seems to be a common complaint with the ambi pistols. Might not hurt to call the factory direct to see what the latest fix is?
    Be sure to post back and let us all know whats up?

3. cciman

cciman

Here's the fix I found: It is not easy, so don't attempt it unless you are having this specific problem-->mag release sticks open when dropping a loaded mag<--.

Field strip gun
    with the slide release in "stuck open position", use a small flat screwdriver, carefully lift up on the leaf spring slightly and pop out the the mag catch mechanism. Work the button, then pull out the metal leaf spring.

Pay attention to stuff as it falls out-- orientation of the release button. The assembly is only 3 pieces: mag catch, release button, leaf spring.

Using the edge of the table, bend the leaf spring a few degrees more than what it is already bent. The idea is to put more spring pressure on the mag catch mechanism.

NOW the hard part, where you need perseverance: put it back together-- took me about 20 min to put the leaf spring back in. Falls apart as you are trying to do it.:wow: Good Luck.

Voila-- fixed.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010